`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Topps Archives Zack Hample

2017 Topps Archives Zack Hample
I recently saw an autograph out of 2017 Topps Archives of Zack Hample. Who's he? Some guy who goes around all the baseball stadiums and collects foul balls & home run balls during batting practice & games.

Really Topps? REALLY? Now "fans" are becoming the "hits" in your products? What next, autographs of the ushers or popcorn vendors? How about a game used receipt of your parking stub?

I know they're looking for new ideas but this is embarrassing and ridiculous. Imagine buying a box & getting this as a hit. A box called "Archives" filled with cards of Hall of Famers & current stars. And you get a guy who collects balls hit into the stands during batting practice. Here's a new idea Topps - PUT MORE HALL OF FAMER AND CURRENT STAR AUTOGRAPHS IN A PRODUCT LIKE THIS!!!!! I'm sure everyone here would rather get a Paul Molitor, Phil Niekro or Goose Gossage autograph than this guy. Is Topps too cheap to spend a little extra money to get better quality autographs in their cards? Do they really think there's more value in a Zack Hample signed card than Rollie Fingers or Dave Winfield? (Notice I'm not even saying names like Jeter, Koufax, Aaron, Mays, Trout or Harper. I'm mentioning the more "common" Hall of Fame players who you'd be thrilled to get nowadays.)

Sorry for the rant but it just seems like something like this is, well, wrong. This is not a way to draw baseball card collectors in or get them excited about a product. Lately it seems Topps is more concerned about getting every rookie and scrub in their products than actually focusing on better player selection - or even getting actual players in their packs. If it costs more money to include better players, then fine. I'm sure most of us would pay a little more for a box if there was a better chance at a player like Tony Perez or Craig Biggio than a 27 year old "rookie" or an autograph of guy collecting foul balls.

RE: 2017 Topps Archives Zack Hample
Rant well received. Agree with you totally. Thanks, Archives has NEVER been good to me. This gives me more reason to avoid it all together. Cards like that should be an 'extra' surprise hit, and shouldn't affect the rest of the promised hits in the box. Call Topps, complain and who knows, they might see things your way and send you a little bonus as a peace offering.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.