`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My New York Jets Panini Playbook collection

My New York Jets Panini Playbook collection
This is my Panini Playbook New York Jets collection, from the start 2011 thru to the latest release, a year by year summary, I do the base cards veterans and rookies, their auto versions, I don’t care for the swatch versions or swatch inserts. I was hooked on this product when I saw an ebay auction in 2013, selling two of the five 2011 Playbook Accolades inserts, a 6 of 10 (his shirt number) Mark Sanchez and Keyshawn Johnson. I won it for less than $20 and the Sanchez was the lowest print run of the 5.
Enjoy

Where it all began, three Jets stars, with their print run,
LaDainian Tomlinson 61, Shonn Greene 35 & Santonio Holmes 25
Jeremy Kerley 299 & Bilal Powell 99 (the Playbook)
[Image: Jets%202011%20Playbook%20base.jpg]
Rookies (1st rd pick Muhammad Wilkerson signed no cards so not in the product)

The Accolade inserts, all 5 issued Jets veterans as Mark Sanchez is no longer a Jet.
Curtis Martin 49, Keyshawn Johnson 49 & Wayne Chrebet 15
Mark Sanchez 06/10 & Joe Namath 35
[Image: Jets%202011%20Playbook%20Inserts.jpg]

Santonio Holmes 49, I am missing Shonn Greene. The Accolades insert set shrinks for the Jets to Joe Namath 49.
The rookie class has the first three picks in the product,
Quintin Coples 140, Demario Davis 140 & Stephen Hill 149 (the Playbook)
[Image: Jets%202012%20Playbook.jpg]
Hill became a Jets bust, Coples flashes at times in his now OLB role, Davis has been a steady solid ILB with David Harris. Terrance Ganaway who was drafted (6th rd) and cut, appears in a Rams uni so is not shown.

The Geno Smith era begins for the Jets. And it’s now possible to get a base card and a playbook of the same player. Panini with a surplus of Marcus Davis stickers (cut in May 2013 minicamp) dump more of them (299) in this product. They had the veterans sign cards matching their jersey number so I was lucky to find 1 of 11 Jeremy Kerley. Dustin Keller in a Jets uni but with the Dolphins is not included. Print runs are all visible.

Jeremy Kerley, Geno Smith, Marcus Davis & Geno Smith (the Playbook)
[Image: Jets%202013%20Playbook.jpg]
No cards for 1st rd picks Dee Milliner (became a hard signer as 2013 progressed) and Sheldon Richardson (who basically signed nothing after Press Pass and Sage)

The Jets have no veterans this year in the base set. The rookies signing on acetate, there are a total of two cards per box this year.
Calvin Pryor First Class Edition Signatures 11 & Calvin Pryor 99
Jace Amaro 99 & Shaq Evans 99
Trevor Reilly 99 & Tajh Boyd 299 (the Playbook)
[Image: Jets%202014%20Playbook%20base.jpg]
The Jets inserts are back!!! Panini loved Hot Rookies so much (a parallel to the 2014 Hot Rookies Hobby released earlier in the year that was a parallel to 2014 Score retail) that they brought it back for Playbook, exclusively in Hot Orange, and made it SP (20 or 25).

Jets rookies and veterans inserts
Joe Namath is the Spectra 50th Anniv Pro Football Hall of Fame Signatures Set #ed to 50
[Image: Jets%202014%20Playbook%20inserts.jpg]

J-E-T-S

RE: My New York Jets Panini Playbook collection
Awesome stuff ginge!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(06-07-2015, 03:32 PM)jaderock Wrote: Awesome stuff ginge!
Thanks Jaderock

This was a great idea for the collection! I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for you on playbook stuff for them. Looks very nice!

(06-08-2015, 10:02 AM)savagenate Wrote: This was a great idea for the collection! I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for you on playbook stuff for them. Looks very nice!
Thanks, I appreciate your remarks and your help

Awesome post!

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

Awesome! I love Team PC's
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(02-24-2017, 12:58 PM)yankeesjetsfan Wrote: Awesome post!

Mike
Thanks
(02-24-2017, 07:13 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Awesome! I love Team PC's
Thanks again

Wish other players would take after Joe Namath and Curtis Martin. Those are very nice signatures. 90% of them seem to struggle just to get their initials on the card.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.