`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game used memorabilia

game used memorabilia
so I`ve been collecting on and off for years now and the one question I`ve always asked is on game used jersey cards, does it make the card more valuable if the piece of the jersey have a pinstripe in it or no? nobody has ever given me a straight answer to that...

RE: game used memorabilia
In my experience most do not put a premium on there being a pinstripe....but the big jump obviously comes with a patch of the uniform being highly sought after.

Personally I think a pinstripe makes the card more desirable but it doesn't add any additional value to the card. It's still just a swatch of jersey (or whatever).
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Multi-color jerseys have always carried a small premium. However it really depends on the jersey. For example a pin stripe on a jersey that is full of pin stripes is not going to add much the the value. In fact it's simply better thought of as being slightly more likely to sell because of the pin stripe. For example, igf there were 2 of the same card (one with pin stripe and one with a solid color) and both were for sale at $5, a buyer would more likely buy the pin stripe one. However if those same 2 cards were for sale and the pin-stripe one was more expensive than the solid color one would be more likely to sell. So it's not so much a value adder, but rather a slight desirability adder.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

In my experience when the card is a Yankee legend and has a pinstripe it does add a premium but with a modern player of any team I wouldn't think it makes as big a difference.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I remember a pinstripe used to carry a slight premium the first few years they made jersey cards, but now it seems to make little to no difference.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(03-05-2017, 05:24 PM)djohn Wrote: For example, if there were 2 of the same card (one with pin stripe and one with a solid color) and both were for sale at $5, a buyer would more likely buy the pin stripe one. However if those same 2 cards were for sale and the pin-stripe one was more expensive than the solid color one would be more likely to sell. So it's not so much a value adder, but rather a slight desirability adder.
Well put and agreed!

(03-05-2017, 05:24 PM)djohn Wrote: Multi-color jerseys have always carried a small premium. However it really depends on the jersey. For example a pin stripe on a jersey that is full of pin stripes is not going to add much the the value. In fact it's simply better thought of as being slightly more likely to sell because of the pin stripe. For example, igf there were 2 of the same card (one with pin stripe and one with a solid color) and both were for sale at $5, a buyer would more likely buy the pin stripe one. However if those same 2 cards were for sale and the pin-stripe one was more expensive than the solid color one would be more likely to sell. So it's not so much a value adder, but rather a slight desirability adder.
+2
I'd sooner buy one (pinstripe) over the other (non-pinstripe), everything else being equal.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-05-2017, 05:24 PM)djohn Wrote: Multi-color jerseys have always carried a small premium. However it really depends on the jersey. For example a pin stripe on a jersey that is full of pin stripes is not going to add much the the value. In fact it's simply better thought of as being slightly more likely to sell because of the pin stripe. For example, igf there were 2 of the same card (one with pin stripe and one with a solid color) and both were for sale at $5, a buyer would more likely buy the pin stripe one. However if those same 2 cards were for sale and the pin-stripe one was more expensive than the solid color one would be more likely to sell. So it's not so much a value adder, but rather a slight desirability adder.
+1. Totally agree.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*