`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reggie Bush help......

Reggie Bush help......
Hey folks! So i've seen a few of these Reggie Bush RCs pop up in the past year or so and was curious if you guys thought it would be worth it to send it in to authenticate it? Since the Topps sticker system is jacked up & not really reliable, or last I heard anyway. Any advice? All is appreciated!

[Image: fullsizeoutput_1850_zpsz72nq3q2.jpeg] [Image: fullsizeoutput_1851_zpsoyyfn6e6.jpeg]
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

RE: Reggie Bush help......
Fake.

With all the hype around Bush... it would have been advertised if he signed stickers like that.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I completely agree, this would have been used on advertising for the product and shown up in Beckett if it were real.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

isnt there usually a Congratulations / coa for the auto on the back?... maybe a promo .... maybe a fake
dont know about this years .... but usually there is some kinda lighter box printed on auto cards that sit behind the sticker .... may be wrong about that

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(02-15-2017, 03:46 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: isnt there usually a Congratulations / coa for the auto on the back?... maybe a promo .... maybe a fake
dont know about this years .... but usually there is some kinda lighter box printed on auto cards that sit behind the sticker .... may be wrong about that
1st answer, NO for 2006 there was no congratulations or COA other than the sticker with the number on the back of the card.
2nd answer, YES there was a box that was lighter than the regular card for the sticker to be placed in. If you look at any other autograph from the set it's obvious as the box was ever so slightly larger than the sticker.

Here is an example to show what I am referring to.
[Image: Reggie-McNeal.jpg?id=12c65459-a109-436f-...e=original]

Thus the odds are the card in the original post is a forgery.
I did an eBay search and found an interesting flip...First auction (eBay Item # 232183323616) ended on December 27th for around $20, then on January 27th the EXACT same card sold (eBay Item #152400586025) for around $40. I know it's the exact same card because looking at the bid history of the first auction, the buyer was the same as the seller in the 2nd auction.
This alone is not a big deal, just interesting. However it does make me wonder if there really are more than 1 or just the same one that keeps flipping from person to person.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks a lot folks!!! Appreciate the help!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

(02-15-2017, 04:43 PM)djohn Wrote: 1st answer, NO for 2006 there was no congratulations or COA other than the sticker with the number on the back of the card.
2nd answer, YES there was a box that was lighter than the regular card for the sticker to be placed in. If you look at any other autograph from the set it's obvious as the box was ever so slightly larger than the sticker.

Here is an example to show what I am referring to.
[Image: Reggie-McNeal.jpg?id=12c65459-a109-436f-...e=original]
I love the use of the obscure Reggie McNeal as your example.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283