Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett's card grade standards

Beckett's card grade standards
Howdy Y'all:

I am looking for a better description of Beckett's standards for card grades. (MT, NRMT-MT, NM, EXMT...) They used to have descriptions and pictures of cards for grades described in the old Beckett price guide books. What got me to look for this (and more) information was an old Ted Williams card, made by Fleer which has a fold-line close to the upper right corner. Apparently someone bent that corner and straitened up again. Other than the fold-line, that corner looks close to a 90 degree angle and a sharp undamaged point. Without that mark, I would grade it as NRMT-MT. I wish I could send a picture of it. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Aileron

Call me whatever you wish ... that is anything but late for dinner! ;-)

RE: Beckett's card grade standards
Individual collectors all seem to have their own standards, professional services grading is usually extremely tough compared to the common collector.
But I think for most, anytime a crease or fold is present on the front of the card the best you can hope for is an "EX" grade at best. Even if the card is pristine in every fashion but that small crease it drops the overall a lot.

RE: Beckett's card grade standards
Thank you. I think I will write my own, starting with Beckett's descriptions.

(05-13-2017, 10:06 AM)dimarco73 Wrote: Individual collectors all seem to have their own standards, professional services grading is usually extremely tough compared to the common collector.
But I think for most, anytime a crease or fold is present on the front of the card the best you can hope for is an "EX" grade at best. Even if the card is pristine in every fashion but that small crease it drops the overall a lot.