`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
What's the most you ever paid for one card?

RE: What's the most you ever paid for one card?
$200-300 for a couple of Bryant autos about a year ago.

$50 for a Darin Rupp Black border RC from Topps Flagship. This was when I was chasing every and any Phillies card being made and he was going to be the next big thing (around here anyway). I don't "collect" auto's unless I pull them or get them in person, and no card is worth $100 or more IMO based on my current financial state (gotta eat right!). Thoughts would be different if finances were less restrictive.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Many years ago, late 80's early 90's, I pulled the trigger on these two plus a few Bowman Ted Williams cards. Even if/when I sell one of them, I could not spend that much again for a single card.

[Image: 1951B_Mantle_graded_zpsc9b938ce.jpg]

[Image: 1951B_Mays_graded_zpsdd15b775.jpg]

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I think I paid 650 ish for this...

was a psa 2.5 but I cracked and submitted to BVG.

PSA is a tougher grading company huh?....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-29-2016, 04:11 PM)altz11 Wrote: I think I paid 650 ish for this...

was a psa 2.5 but I cracked and submitted to BVG.

PSA is a tougher grading company huh?....
I saw an older gentleman walk into my LCS one day to sell some stuff. Owner took one look and asked him what he wanted. They ended up working out a deal in excess of $100k but this card was part of a complete graded set he had among many 33 Goudey cards as well as a complete 52' Topps set. First time I had ever seen a 52' Mantle in person. Graded a PSA 1. It was beautiful. Nice card BTW!

In 2012 i had just sold a Superfractor or Tom Brady. So I was on ebay and found a 2009 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout graded 9.5 with a 10 auto. I negotiated a price with the owner and got it for i believe 125.00. I actually posted it in a thread with a Jay Bruce Red Hot Rookie Auto graded 9.5 as well. I just had a feeling with the purchase.

$200 for a the 2016 Bowman Chrome Super. Got it today. Previously my biggest single card purchase was $90 for a 2015 Topps Dynasty Pedroia

[Image: Pedroia%202016%20Bowman%20Chrome%20Super...rqjd1h.jpg]

My first Super which now gives me the entire 2016 Bowman Chrome rainbow for Pedroia.

Sets: 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones

I paid around 280 for a 1993 sp foil derek jeter rc BGS 9 with 3 9.5 subs, now its worth much more than that....... I really wanted that card in a decent grade though
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s