Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is pretty freaky!

This is pretty freaky!
[Image: wow060_zpsuqcydzet.jpg]

Ok so why, you must be asking, is he posting a picture of a penny sleeve with writing on it? Well, back in 2009 or 2010 when I found my collection in the proverbial basement and got back into cards, I initially bought a crap load of penny sleeves and wrote the Beckett Value on the sleeve the card was in in this format...this is also with out a doubt my handwriting. This sleeve was just used to protect cards in a trade to me from another user. In other words, at one point I used this penny sleeve in a trade and it has made its way back to me. Freakin' unreal.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: This is pretty freaky!
Goes to show:
1. How long you have been trading
2. How collectors like to reuse supplies to save money
3. How age of a card (1985) does not indicate value (15 cents)

As far as the freak-odometer, I agree!

That is quite impressive, Ryan! If only that sleeve could talk, the stories it would tell!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

That is cool. I had something similar happen a few years ago when I received a card in a penny sleeve with one of my stickers marked in pencil on it from another Beckett trader in California that I had never traded with before (I'm in Maine).
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html