Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unboxing Topps Wall Art 10x14s

Unboxing Topps Wall Art 10x14s
(Video of me unboxing at the bottom!)

I have drank/drunk/drinked/drankethed the kool-aid and picked up some Topps Wall Art "posters" (the 10x14s). I actually loathe that they call them posters, because they are not poster stock; they are card stock.

Before picking them up, I tried to do research on them, and there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot on them, so I thought a video and pics would help.

I had mixed feelings on them, but thanks to a black friday deal, I picked up some. The mail lady dropped them off this morning, and I do have a few more coming up!

Firstly, though I knew the dimensions, they are larger than I thought they would be. I am not typically a collector of oversized stuff, but I do love different parallels / rainbows, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Here is a list of pros and cons for me:

CONS:
- They don't come in top loaders
- No backs
- They are oversized
- Yet ANOTHER parallel to chase

PROS:
- They are much more fun than I thought!
- Very unique addition to rainbow/parallel runs
- Showing off a massive baseball card to non-collectors might be worth the price of admission alone!
- They are now checklisted in Beckett

I kind of let out an audible sigh whenever I see Topps adding even more 5x7s, 10x14s, etc. but I dunno ... I do like these for some reason!

Here are the 4 different sizes of the A&Gs.
[Image: sizes.jpg]

And for you astronomy geeks ....
[Image: sizes2.jpg]

And, here is a video of me showing them off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVqYTMXDYk
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: Unboxing Topps Wall Art 10x14s
I have been a sucker for them since day 1. I have just about all of the Gary Carter 5x7 and 11x14 "cards". I was buying them directly from Topps, but found that a lot of the 5x7 cards end up on eBay (especially the ones that are put up in set form, as people buy for 1 or 2 players and then sell the rest). I was a bit surprised to see these show up in Beckett's ORG recently, but it's nice as it now allows me to trade the extras I have.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Unboxing Topps Wall Art 10x14s
The kid and I have most of the Lucroy 5x7s but I can't bring myself to go for the 10x14s. Can any "card" larger than a sheet of paper really be considered a baseball card?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's