`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope I didn't get ripped off...

I hope I didn't get ripped off...
Bit on this just now on eBay. Seller has no feedback, but price is insane. Worst case, I'm out $33. If it's legit, get 'em now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Topps-Chrom...SwKOJYKPXm

As of 2:57 pm cst 11/25, eBay shows only 7 left available...

RE: I hope I didn't get ripped off...
It looks like the seller has 80 feedback, but hasn't sold anything for over a year now. It looks like you will get some cards either way. I always wonder about things like this, but I think you will be okay. Hopefully you get the Bryant auto. Good Luck.

(11-25-2016, 04:07 PM)akaus Wrote: It looks like the seller has 80 feedback, but hasn't sold anything for over a year now. It looks like you will get some cards either way. I always wonder about things like this, but I think you will be okay. Hopefully you get the Bryant auto. Good Luck.

My fault for not reading the listing (and being DUMB enough to think this seller was willing to put up Bryant autos at a 90% discount).

I don't normally buy things like this; just hope I get at least $33 worth of cards to make it worth my while.....

DECEPTIVE LISTING!! READ ENTIRE AD BEFORE BIDDING OR BUYING!!!

It was fairly obvious that he wasn't giving that card away for nothing. It was stated that it was part of a 30 box chase. I'm sure if you misunderstood, and you haven't done it many times before, you can cancel your purchase without any negative blowback from the seller or eBay.
But if you're a gambling man, you allegedly have a 1:30 chance of getting something great ... If you trust him to actually put that card into one of the 30 boxes and he didn't already earmark that box for his cousin, brother, son, etc. ... Who knows ... I've blown more money on blasters and got nothing. At least he's promising something.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-25-2016, 07:12 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It was fairly obvious that he wasn't giving that card away for nothing. It was stated that it was part of a 30 box chase. I'm sure if you misunderstood, and you haven't done it many times before, you can cancel your purchase without any negative blowback from the seller or eBay.
But if you're a gambling man, you allegedly have a 1:30 chance of getting something great ... If you trust him to actually put that card into one of the 30 boxes and he didn't already earmark that box for his cousin, brother, son, etc. ... Who knows ... I've blown more money on blasters and got nothing. At least he's promising something.
+1
All things considered I would be surprised if the seller actually mailed out the Bryant or even the Schwarber card he mentioned in the listing. These type listings are what I consider to be scams on eBay, especially when they are done by people with little feedback, and they might even be against their Terms of Service. You should look into that, as if it is you should be able to get your money back either by cancelling the purchase (if they haven't shipped yet), opening a case once you get the cards so you can return them to the seller, or contacting eBay now and having them issue a refund directly and cancelling the other sales too.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

He's basically doing a repack product without doing it live, so there's no accountability for him to actually put the cards he says into any of the boxes. He can get a buddy or duplicate account, buy one and then post feedback saying he got the Bryant. Wouldn't touch it.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Good luck with that one.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I would chock it up to a learning experience...all of us have been there. One of my first trades on the board I lost a whole set of framed 2011 Gypsy Queen relics which had a Babe Ruth an Gehrig and a ton of other names. It happens and it cost for any education. But I do pray I am wrong and you get the card...good luck!

Here in lies my biggest problem with card collectors who buy on eBay.....You don't freaking read the damn listing!!!!!!!!!! You don't read the description!!!!! C'mon man!
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

(12-01-2016, 10:48 PM)chester2002 Wrote: Here in lies my biggest problem with card collectors who buy on eBay.....You don't freaking read the damn listing!!!!!!!!!! You don't read the description!!!!! C'mon man!
Wow, I guess your high from the World Series win wore off already...'tis the season, huh?