`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Beckett Forums In It's Final Days?

RE: Is Beckett Forums In It's Final Days?
its because i left. there arent anymore aholes to stir the pot every so often

you hate me, but you know you miss me :p

Absolutely, thanks for checking in. How's the baby life treating you's?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I do a lot of lurking, but post every now and then. I do enjoy this site more than a couple of others I've attempted at joining. I do miss the traffic here though.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

well ..... I'm a lurker lol Wink ..... while I may not post a lot, I think that many folks are like me that "don't participate" due to many of us don't collect the same as others.

due to budgetary restraints many of us cannot afford to bust every new product that comes out, so really for us to post is "incidental" sometimes.

plus a lot of the old diehards are gone ..... folks that still collect pre-2016 cards and it's difficult to find like minded folks.

I will bring up something that erks me, as well as a number of other "old timers" ..... has this hobby seriously gotten to be one flip after another ? does anyone appreciate vintage anymore ? or is it only about $1000 cards of a dude who may or may not have a HOF career ..... not just baseball, all sports included here.

The boards used to be filled with all types of collectors and I know quite a few whom have left because they felt they could "not keep up with the Jones" ..... just my $.02 Canadian Wink

im a dinosaur as well. everything is a big hit or the latest autos. no collecting sets, its sometimes teams but mostly its individual players. that's what happens when you make it impossible to collect full sets, or master sets anymore, either because some of the cards are prohibitively expensive, too rare to find, or both. Hell my 1990 Upper Deck set isn't finished because I have extreme difficulty paying that much for a Reggie Auto.

Now adays the more unique your PC is the more prized it seems to be, its difficult to understand how others would care about cards they don't even recognize or never seen before in another person's collection. But that might just be me. Half the fun for me was the group activity of collecting, now it seems to be more of an individual thing where you share after not during your collecting.

http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

I'm a bit of a lurker although I was out of the hobby for a few years and came back a few months ago. For me the most disappointing thing was that the ORG used to be free and now it is just not worth the cost when I can only complete 3-4 trades a month. It'd be nice if they'd go back to how it used to be where if you used the free ORG it limited you to 100 cards. That would certainly bring me and a lot of other casual collectors back to the boards full time. Although I completely understand the need for Beckett to turn a profit....
[Image: Ppgoq.jpg]

Jeff Samardzija Supercollector!

Autos: 64
1/1s: 106
total unique cards: 958

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

I have no internet at home so thats why im not active........... almost a year now
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Dumb question #827436 :-)
I have a bunch of 1997 Fleer cards that have a satin finish. I can't find them in the book unless that is what "Tiffany" means. Any ideas?

RE: Dumb question #827436 :-)
(11-21-2016, 08:23 PM)aileron Wrote: I have a bunch of 1997 Fleer cards that have a satin finish. I can't find them in the book unless that is what "Tiffany" means. Any ideas?
No, the "matte" finish is the regular base card. Tiffany is glossy and rarer.

On issues to be watching carefully. Ken Rosenthal's latest column for Fox Sports mentions there is a real good possibility of a lockout if the CBA is not signed by 12.1. If that occurs, then this board might get even quieter. Let's hope for labor peace to continue.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.