`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutout to jdetter23 - THANKS!

Shoutout to jdetter23 - THANKS!
I enjoy putting together sets, sometimes I just do the base set other times I try for some version of a master set (i.e. base and SPs, inserts, etc). One of the sets I have been working on is the 2012-13 Panini Past & Present set. Well I had finally gotten down to the last insert card I needed, which was Rise N Shine #81. The player just so happens to be Stephen Curry, and with the craziness with his cards last year I was not wanting to rush and overpay to get the card to finish the set. I had been trying to find someone to trade with for the card, and that's when I noticed that jdetter23 happened to have one of the cards in ORG labeled as for trade. The only downside was that jdetter23 hadn't completed any recent trades. I didn't let that stop me, and I sent an open trade offer over. A couple weeks went by, and then all of a sudden I get a message from jdetter23 asking if I was still interested in the card. Of course I was, as it was the last one I needed for the set. The more amazing thing was he offered to send the card to me for nothing.
Well the card arrived today, and with great thanks I can finally mark that set as complete.
Thanks again to jdetter23 for being so awesome!
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Shoutout to jdetter23 - THANKS!
Top Notch Person. Glad to see you complete the set.

(10-07-2016, 10:25 AM)bballkm32 Wrote: Top Notch Person. Glad to see you complete the set.
Thanks, it's always nice to finish a set off. I actually am working on another trade this morning to finish off my 2015-16 Revolution set with inserts. I really like the look of those cards, and am glad to finally be finishing that set too. At this rate, I might have to start working on some new sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Great story, glad you got the Curry you needed.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

good dude helping out another good dude. Definitely appreciate the hobby for people like that!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]