`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
kris bryant ?

RE: kris bryant ?
(09-28-2016, 03:41 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Correct....but you only have a fraction of the number of people who collect Bryant verses Arenado and Machado combined (and are willing to pay high dollar amounts on a card). This is the free market law of supply and demand in action.

Does it make sense when looking at everything else being equal....no.....but it is what it is.
I agree, I just think the people paying crazy prices for Bryant are wrong. But it is the same for Mantle cards, why are they so much more than Aaron or Mays? I don't get why people do it but they do. Although in that case it probably has a lot to do with the team he happened to play for.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

I work in the auto industry so I get to see this on a larger scale.

The highest priced cars are not the best cars.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(09-27-2016, 12:10 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Also, Dozier is 29, Bryant is 24. There's a good chance Bryant will only get better, and folks paying top dollar for his cards are banking on that.
^^^ this right here. Bryant is incredible at 23. Dozier had a breakout year at 29, but only in hrs. He still a career .240 or so hitter. Bryant's promise at a young age indicates large career numbers. Large career numbers indicate hall of fame. Being on a young, talented team inspires hope of championships and for the Cubs, there's nothing bigger. People are paying top dollar for his cards because he's young, talented, and a possible savior for the Cubs. Dozier plays for Minnesota.

(09-26-2016, 07:49 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: This is another case of fans jumping on the bandwagon once someone decided he is one of the biggest stars.
Bryant plays for the Chicago Cubs. By now we should all realize this poster is correct, as always. The way I see it is that it's not how good you are, it's how much you can be commercialized. Look at Bryant. He has 2,262 different cards available right now (all from Topps-owned companies) in his very short career, with 24 RCs and 933 separate cards autographed. There are thousands and thousands of individual Bryant autos available. Supply/demand says they aren't worth anything because there are too many, but someone tells us they are, as noted by the previous poster, and many people believe it. I was born a Cubs fan, and I love Bryant's attitude and skills, but I don't go past base with this guy because they're overpriced. Yes, he's good, but put him in a smaller market and there is no way he'd have 24 different RCs and 933 different autos available from what is essentially the same company. That might make them actually worth something.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-30-2016, 10:01 AM)jonathani Wrote: Bryant plays for the Chicago Cubs. By now we should all realize this poster is correct, as always. The way I see it is that it's not how good you are, it's how much you can be commercialized. Look at Bryant. He has 2,262 different cards available right now (all from Topps-owned companies) in his very short career, with 24 RCs and 933 separate cards autographed. There are thousands and thousands of individual Bryant autos available. Supply/demand says they aren't worth anything because there are too many, but someone tells us they are, as noted by the previous poster, and many people believe it. I was born a Cubs fan, and I love Bryant's attitude and skills, but I don't go past base with this guy because they're overpriced. Yes, he's good, but put him in a smaller market and there is no way he'd have 24 different RCs and 933 different autos available from what is essentially the same company. That might make them actually worth something.
I'm a little confused, how can supply and demand say they aren't worth anything if they are selling for the "overpriced" amounts you claim? With that logic I would argue there are not enough because the price has not started to decline.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones