Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Sad Line On Back of Jose Fernandez Card

Very Sad Line On Back of Jose Fernandez Card
Hey guys,

I was looking through some stacks of cards today and came across a 2016 Topps Chrome card of Jose Fernandez.

I couldn't believe it when I looked on the back of the card and Topps had this quote from Jose:

"Every five days I go into a start as if it's the last game I'm ever going to pitch."

Crazy. I still can't believe it. I wasn't a Jose or Marlins collector specifically, but I always liked it when I pulled his stuff because of what a great pitcher he was.

I'm still having a hard time with it today.

RE: Very Sad Line On Back of Jose Fernandez Card
"Every five days I go into a start as if it's the last game I'm ever going to pitch."

+1....though not a "real" collector of his, other than Kershaw, he was the only other NL pitcher I would specifically buy tickets to go see (though I booed him just like any visitor....LOL.....boo's of respect, not heart felt boo's). I truly enjoyed watching him pitch and have fun while doing it.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The only time I dragged my butt to Marlins Park was to see Jose pitch.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-26-2016, 07:42 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: " (though I booed him just like any visitor....LOL.....boo's of respect, not heart felt boo's). I truly enjoyed watching him pitch and have fun while doing it.....
Same here - I was lucky enough to watch him as a visiting pitcher. We booed him along with every other Marlin whose name was announced; where other players ignored us, he looked up and smiled.

I thought I was doing ok with the news until I happened across the Marlins tribute to him - that lone bugle playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was a gut punch.

unfortunately I never saw him pitch......
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-30-2016, 05:53 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: unfortunately I never saw him pitch......
You should try and find an archived game somewhere. Youtube? MLB.com?
He really was talented and he enjoyed every inning out there. I believe His last game was a 12K combined (with David Phelps) 1 hitter shutout against Washington . That was a great game. 9/20? 9/21?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.