`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My love / hate relationship with Allen Ginter

RE: My love / hate relationship with Allen Ginter
jbissell Wrote:Yeah some of those celebrity autos are pretty cool to get.

Otherwise, I tend to prefer strictly baseball card sets with only baseball players in it.
I also pulled a Kate Upton relic and sold it ... that was before she started dating Verlander. Had I known I would have kept it because it technically would have been part of my Tigers PC, LOL

I also got some surfer relic but didn't recognize the name.

Wow, old threads resurfacing ...
I bought a couple of 2020 A&G because they were the only baseball I had seen in months ... and every time after I’m done, I ask myself ... why? Smile
I guess my 2 best A&G pulls of all time were a Kris Bryant mini auto and a Mike Trout Rip Card
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:Wow, old threads resurfacing ...
I bought a couple of 2020 A&G because they were the only baseball I had seen in months ... and every time after I’m done, I ask myself ... why? Smile
I guess my 2 best A&G pulls of all time were a Kris Bryant mini auto and a Mike Trout Rip Card
The funny thing is, it's usually the newest members who find the oldest threads.

Like ... how?

rjcj2017 Wrote:The funny thing is, it's usually the newest members who find the oldest threads.

Like ... how?
Theory #1: Perhaps they google a topic and a google search leads them to Beckett forums answer ... that topic just happens to be old, but they post to it and it resurfaces? 

Theory #2: they sign up and randomly search for a specific topic in Beckett? 

I’m outta theories. Anyone else?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This is my theory.
My best friend is a big fan of baseball, and on his birthday I decided to give him a box of Allen&Ginter baseball cards. He loves relics, if I were to call them that. After searching all the sales sites, eBay, Amazon, I came here by chance.  And here theories how new members could find old threads. I decided to write too. It happens when you are looking for something, and it shows you the forums where others have searched for the same thing. It's a Google thing.

Egotus Wrote:This is my theory.
My best friend is a big fan of baseball, and on his birthday I decided to give him a box of Allen&Ginter baseball cards. He loves relics, if I were to call them that. After searching all the sales sites, eBay, Amazon, I came here by chance.  And here theories how new members could find old threads. I decided to write too. It happens when you are looking for something, and it shows you the forums where others have searched for the same thing. It's a Google thing.
THAT makes a lot of sense!
Thanks

DrMitchJ Wrote:THAT makes a lot of sense!
Thanks
Just cracks me up ... I'll see members replying that I haven't seen/heard from in years, and I'll think, cool, Beckett is enjoying a resurgence ... and then I see the OP is from like 2014.