`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked BGS 9.5 case sent in to be re-cased...grade 0???!

Cracked BGS 9.5 case sent in to be re-cased...grade 0???!
Hey all,
Had an order received with a cracked case recently and sent it back to bgs with another order. It just shipped today and states 0 for grade with subgrades as 0 on the shipping form?!
Is this something to be concerned about.... The case wasnt badly damaged, but i would be PISSED if it went from 9.5 to 0! Not sure if they use the old serial number?
Thanks.

RE: Cracked BGS 9.5 case sent in to be re-cased...grade 0???!
probably means they arent going to regrade it because they are suspicious aboput it for one reason or another.

(07-26-2016, 07:27 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: probably means they arent going to regrade it because they are suspicious aboput it for one reason or another.
But they had just graded it two weeks prior. The only reason it was returned for re-casing was due to damage when shipped from BGS to myself...
The damage was a crack to the top portion of the case, not even close to the card and the BGS label had shifted in the top of the case.

My guess is they didn't put a grade because it was already graded and a grade wasn't paid for thus wasn't given (even though it's already graded). You'll probably receive the card back in a brand new case, I wouldn't worry about it.

(07-26-2016, 10:47 PM)altz11 Wrote: My guess is they didn't put a grade because it was already graded and a grade wasn't paid for thus wasn't given (even though it's already graded). You'll probably receive the card back in a brand new case, I wouldn't worry about it.
+1, just be patient and you should get the card back with the correct grade on it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

do keep us updated though.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(07-28-2016, 06:28 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: do keep us updated though.
+1

This is weird.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Just means they didn't alter the grade

Sent one for recase. It was assigned a new serial number in bgs record but i guess thats just for job order reference. Still got mine in original old serial number label.