`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Gray 2016 Topps Pink Tint Variation? Seager, Cano, Pedroia & Wright Also??

RE: Jon Gray 2016 Topps Pink Tint Variation? Seager, Cano, Pedroia & Wright Also??
(07-25-2016, 06:20 PM)jonathani Wrote: If Topps had the money to pay for decent printing, this wouldn't happen. (Just kidding. They have the money. They just don't care.)
if the quality control was better they would just toss those out.

RE: Jon Gray 2016 Topps Pink Tint Variation? Seager, Cano, Pedroia & Wright Also??
(07-25-2016, 05:16 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I think you've got a quality control thing more than a hidden gem.

It's like the Bowman from a couple of years ago that had the print flaw where they didn't have any foil print on the front of them.

Chances are the early batches that went to Toys R Us made it through (somehow) QC and later batches and those to other retailers didn't.
More than likely... It's doubtful Topps even knows about it in all reality, but this info is still interesting for master set guys, player collectors or variation hunters like jacksoncoupage, etc... Doubtful that they would fetch much of a premium, if at all, but still tempting to put up a lot in auction to see what happens!

In regards to the missing foil stuff, it is odd to me that Beckett recognizes the 2015 Topps Updates No Foil when these are usually just dismissed as printing flaws. Supposedly this has even been confirmed by Topps, which makes it stranger yet.

I'm thinking the Toys R Us purple cards are printed in a different location anyways, maybe the purple bled as was mentioned before.