`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Redemption

Topps Redemption
i pulled this redemption 2 weeks ago and it arrived fairly fast.
[Image: Scan_20160713_zpswzcdpvng.jpg]

so that makes only one last redemption i have with topps , and when i got home today i have a fed ex package waiting for me. im pretty excited when i see because its for a 2015 museum primary pieces quad relic auto book card of stanton. i owe this card on a trade last year so im thinking i can finally complete the trade . what a relief, but when i open it up its this

[Image: Scan_20160713%202_zpsfblsqlmy.jpg]

another pat hentgen. has anybody ever had this happen before?

RE: Topps Redemption
I have redemptions waiting 2013/2014/2015 and card not made yet from the 2013 WS Relic!!
At least you got something...and a duplicate at that..

What a joke the redemption process is..almost criminal...advertise a great hit...give a redemption instead...do not even make the card..hope the person gives up or will accept another card sitting in box in warehouse as a replacement...

If I did that in my business..I would be broke or in jail or both!!

What a racket...

Imagine that you are at restaurant and the waiter delivers a seafood plate but you ordered a steak. Would you say "Okay, that is not what I ordered but it will do"?

No, you send it back to get what you ordered! Why do collectors continue to accept whatever Topps sends for redemptions? It should not matter whether it is a decent replacement; it should be about what the customer expects to receive.

I would think (but do not know for sure) that there is a way to send back the redemption card and request what you are entitled to receive, or at least 95% similar. The time spent may be worth it.

Earlier this year I sent Topps a letter to explain manufacturing damages to 97 cards when I opened a hobby box, and I got exact replacements for every card except one, but the replacement was better than the original.

Getting a duplicate card when you expect a quad patch is unacceptable and you should let Topps know that in writing.

Nice bonus,hasn't happened to me except with the topps now cards ordered set #2, & David Ortiz/Ted Williams/wille mccovey card got sent 2 packages.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

That's crazy...is Canada's mail back up?

Not a redemption, but I recently sent in a 2015 Bowman Chrome Prospects Refractor Andrew Benintendi with a dinged corner and Topps sent me the base chrome version back. I called and told them about the mistake and they sent me a 2012 Triple Threads lance Lynn jsy auto... Honestly I would rather have the Benintendi, it was EASILY the best card in the entire box, hands down. (Tanner Rainey of the CBB??? Draft was my auto "hit")

(07-14-2016, 01:14 PM)once78 Wrote: That's crazy...is Canada's mail back up?
i think so corey , and hope so to. i got some mail to get out this weekend
(07-14-2016, 09:20 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Imagine that you are at restaurant and the waiter delivers a seafood plate but you ordered a steak. Would you say "Okay, that is not what I ordered but it will do"?

No, you send it back to get what you ordered! Why do collectors continue to accept whatever Topps sends for redemptions? It should not matter whether it is a decent replacement; it should be about what the customer expects to receive.

I would think (but do not know for sure) that there is a way to send back the redemption card and request what you are entitled to receive, or at least 95% similar. The time spent may be worth it.

Earlier this year I sent Topps a letter to explain manufacturing damages to 97 cards when I opened a hobby box, and I got exact replacements for every card except one, but the replacement was better than the original.

Getting a duplicate card when you expect a quad patch is unacceptable and you should let Topps know that in writing.
oh no this is not a replacement for the quad relic auto, its a mistake by topps in sending me 2 of them

oh no this is not a replacement for the quad relic auto, its a mistake by topps in sending me 2 of them

[/quote]
Oh, my bad! As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, Nevermind!!

Nice James! Finally someone came out ahead on Topps.