`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fathers Day trip to Cooperstown (Picked up a few things)

Fathers Day trip to Cooperstown (Picked up a few things)
First off, Happy Fathers day to my fellow collectors!

So, I live about an hour from Cooperstown, and figured it would be a perfect trip for My wife, my 15 month old daughter, and myself to head to Cooperstown for the day, not to visit the Hall, just stroll around the village, and enjoy the day. We just get there, and park on a side street.I hop out, grab the stroller, and reach for my wallet. And it isn't in my pocket!! ( I took a daddy only ride in my GTO earlier in the morning, and left it in the door pocket). I was a little pissed at myself, put the baby back in the car, and we set off for home. I grab my wallet, back in the car, and head BACK to Cooperstown. ( I felt like Chevy Chase heading to Walley World in National Lampoon's Vacation, laughing, and saying we WILL have a good day).
We finally get there about 1:30, and walk around, and check out the shops, and the outrageous prices 99% of them charge. I found a small store, had cards in the display for 50% off. I grabbed these 2:

2016 Diamond Kings Elements of Royalty Roger Maris 30/99 for $20
[Image: IMG_20160619_192934692_HDR.jpg]

2016 Museum Collection Kole Calhoun Meaningful Material Bronze 4/10 for $20
[Image: IMG_20160619_192914548_HDR.jpg]
I'm not a Calhoun Fan, or an Angels fan, I just really liked the patch.

From the same store. I grabbed a box of 16 Diamond King's, and a box of 15 A&G.
Diamond Kings was pretty good to me:
Bob Turley Green frame 2/5
[Image: IMG_20160619_193150746.jpg]

Elements of Royalty Mel Ott 9/99
[Image: IMG_20160619_193111475_HDR.jpg]

Mookie Betts Dual AU Bronze 6/25
[Image: IMG_20160619_193132073_HDR.jpg]

As for A&G, well, lets just say I could have opend a box of 1991 Donruss and done better!!

Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

RE: Fathers Day trip to Cooperstown (Picked up a few things)
Nice Betts. Kid is having a good year

I grew up in Norwich NY and went to Cooperstown a lot..had field trips to the Farmer's museum every year!!! Why not the Baseball museum!!
The prices are high for sure..but it is a tourist destination...nice village too..

Like the different food places...

The bat company is outside of town..got my son several bats when he transitioned from college to college summer leagues....great place to visit as well...make them right there..

Other than the forgotten wallet, sounds like a great day! Nice pick ups too.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Beautiful Betts!

swesome pick ups man!!! congrats!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(06-19-2016, 08:27 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Nice Betts. Kid is having a good year
Thank's, I may PC because of the Fathers day trip, but who knows.
(06-20-2016, 05:31 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I grew up in Norwich NY and went to Cooperstown a lot..had field trips to the Farmer's museum every year!!! Why not the Baseball museum!!
The prices are high for sure..but it is a tourist destination...nice village too..

Like the different food places...

The bat company is outside of town..got my son several bats when he transitioned from college to college summer leagues....great place to visit as well...make them right there..
I enjoy going and walking by the lake and through the village. We didn't go to the Hall because I'm about 99% sure my daughter would have had a meltdown. In a few year's we will all go, and then I cam teach her the history of whats in there. My favorite place to eat is actually the diner. one shop (Yaz Sports) had a decent amout of Tobacco and pre-war card's. I found a few I liked, I just couldn't pull the trigger.
(06-20-2016, 12:11 PM)scottzoe Wrote: Other than the forgotten wallet, sounds like a great day! Nice pick ups too.

Scott
It made the trip a little interesting, I was more worried about the 3 plus hours in the car for my daughter, she was absolutely perfect for the entire ride.
(06-20-2016, 12:16 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Beautiful Betts!
Thank you!!
(06-20-2016, 02:21 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: swesome pick ups man!!! congrats!!!
Thank you!!
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****