`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice selling

Need some advice selling
I pulled this Ginter last year and have always intended to sell it, but for how much There seems to be a tremendous variability in what these "originals" have gone for. Open auction or best offer? Starting bid/ballpark offer I should look for? I really don't deal with "higher end" or "rare" stuff ever, so I have no clue. I don't expect to make bank on it, but some pocket change to take on my Hall of Fame adventure would be cool. Appreciate any feedback.

[Image: jqs5dz.jpg][Image: ejfp0m.jpg]

Also, is it foolish to just trade this bv for bv? (for a Piazza auto, which is PC obvs.)
[Image: 2zykaoo.jpg]

Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: Need some advice selling
(06-16-2016, 01:21 AM)tate31nym Wrote: Also, is it foolish to just trade this bv for bv? (for a Piazza auto, which is PC obvs.)
[Image: 2zykaoo.jpg]
Congrats on the A&G original, I don't follow pricing on those so I am not going to chime in on it. However your question about trading the Kershaw at BV for BV really depends on exactly what the other card is, aside from just a Piazza auto. The Kershaw is a rookie autograph of a hot superstar that is currently playing, thus his card value is much more volatile than a retired recent HOFer. The upside on the Kershaw card is way higher than the upside for any Piazza card, so even trading at book value now you might regret the trade later.
Personally I wouldn't do it, however it really depends on how attached you are the the Kershaw and how much you want the Piazza. Maybe if the Piazza was a 1/1 that I really wanted and knew that I would never see again if I didn't do it then I might do the trade. However 1/1s don't have BV listed, so I doubt that's the case. While I usually stick by BV on most of my trades, I also try to keep hot rookies (especially rookie autographs) out of trades since their BV is sometimes way off from their current selling value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Yeah, no. Foolish to consider that deal. I have 15+ years in the industry, too. I have a Piazza signed flag from after 9/11 and the homer, it just makes 0 sense.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Go with your gut. If the trade works for you, pull the trigger, if not don't. You also have the option of selling the Kershaw while he is hot, with the thought of buying a Piazza auto, or perhaps even 2.

As far as the sale value of the Ginter, this is one of the times that you will be able to get more for the card, than if you had original 1886 N16 Ginters! The Non sport Ginters even at 130 years old, still sell for low to moderate prices.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I'd be interested in working out a trade for the Kershaw.
Take a look in my Photobucket Piazza Auto folder to see if I have anything you'd like in a trade. I have a couple nice Patch autos that have a short print run.

Here's the link to the folder:
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/colima...and%20Sigs

(06-17-2016, 12:31 PM)sonic311 Wrote: I'd be interested in working out a trade for the Kershaw.
Take a look in my Photobucket Piazza Auto folder to see if I have anything you'd like in a trade. I have a couple nice Patch autos that have a short print run.

Here's the link to the folder:
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/colima...and%20Sigs
appreciate that. If you ever need a kidney or something, let me know, I'd be glad to trade one for some of your Piazzas.

The Kershaw's been traded for some Piazzas.

The Ginter is still avail if anyone's interested.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile