`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for the group's feedback on feedback...

Looking for the group's feedback on feedback...
Hey guys,

This past month my son and I put up 50 auctions on eBay. As a 15 year old thinking about cars, fishing money, etc., he's starting to see this as an avenue for some extra spending money which is pretty cool.

Anyway, I had never done quite that many auctions in a short span before and wanted to some advice from other eBay sellers in the forums.

Most of the time, as a seller, I wait until I get positive feedback from the buyer making sure they are happy. Then, I'll post positive feedback for the buyer. I have always been a little worried to post positive feedback on a buyer until I make sure they don't cause any issues with the item they've purchased.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, do you guys see a high percentage of folks leaving no feedback at all? Out of 32 items sold, I have 28 items with no feedback at all.

I guess I was wondering if the buyer is sitting out there waiting on me to leave them feedback? To me that seems a little silly to just leave feedback for them paying quickly before even knowing if they are happy with the item yet!

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Looking for the group's feedback on feedback...
A seller leaving feedback for a buyer has nothing to do with the buyer being happy with the product or not. It's not supposed to have ANYTHING at all to with the product actually, it's a rating of the buyer and the seller.

I leave feedback every single business day after I've shipped orders for the day. I do that so I can put a ship date in the feedback.

Once a buyer makes payment their job is 100% done, so they deserve positive feedback once their side of the transaction is complete. If your product and CS is solid, you don't need to worry about feedback later, it'll come.

Just my $.02, and YMMV.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(05-27-2016, 12:43 PM)sshissler Wrote: Hey guys,

This past month my son and I put up 50 auctions on eBay. As a 15 year old thinking about cars, fishing money, etc., he's starting to see this as an avenue for some extra spending money which is pretty cool.

Anyway, I had never done quite that many auctions in a short span before and wanted to some advice from other eBay sellers in the forums.

Most of the time, as a seller, I wait until I get positive feedback from the buyer making sure they are happy. Then, I'll post positive feedback for the buyer. I have always been a little worried to post positive feedback on a buyer until I make sure they don't cause any issues with the item they've purchased.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, do you guys see a high percentage of folks leaving no feedback at all? Out of 32 items sold, I have 28 items with no feedback at all.

I guess I was wondering if the buyer is sitting out there waiting on me to leave them feedback? To me that seems a little silly to just leave feedback for them paying quickly before even knowing if they are happy with the item yet!

What do you guys think?

I sold for awhile, both books and cards. I also noticed a high percent of no feedback. Even as a buyer people are not leaving me feedback as they should. Right now I have seven overdue. I purchased a Banks Graded Rookie and the guy did not leave feedback. As a buyer I expect to leave feedback first.

Well, I can't speak to you as an experienced seller, as I've only sold a handful of cards, but as a buyer, I ALWAYS leave feedback. Only thing I'm waiting for is my package to arrive, ya dig? lol

Anyway, even as a seller, I always left feedback, even when the buyer didn't.

I guess my thinking on the matter is this...doesn't matter what the other person does, show your appreciation.

(05-27-2016, 12:59 PM)wordsense Wrote: Well, I can't speak to you as an experienced seller, as I've only sold a handful of cards, but as a buyer, I ALWAYS leave feedback. Only thing I'm waiting for is my package to arrive, ya dig? lol

Anyway, even as a seller, I always left feedback, even when the buyer didn't.

I guess my thinking on the matter is this...doesn't matter what the other person does, show your appreciation.
I agree, when I sell something I leave positive feedback as soon as the money is in my account. When I purchase an item I leave positive feedback as soon as I open the envelope with the item. I have been tempted to give negative for shipping charges but I knew what I was paying when I purchased.

(05-27-2016, 12:50 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: A seller leaving feedback for a buyer has nothing to do with the buyer being happy with the product or not. It's not supposed to have ANYTHING at all to with the product actually, it's a rating of the buyer and the seller.
I leave feedback every single business day after I've shipped orders for the day. I do that so I can put a ship date in the feedback.
Once a buyer makes payment their job is 100% done, so they deserve positive feedback once their side of the transaction is complete. If your product and CS is solid, you don't need to worry about feedback later, it'll come.
Just my $.02, and YMMV.
+1
If the buyer pays you in a timely manner, positive feedback is warranted. Easy as that.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The seller should always leave feedback first. Once the buyer pays for the item their end of the transaction is done. As a buyer I never leave feedback first. As a seller I always leave feedback first. I hate when sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback, most likely out of fear that the buyer may leave negative feedback and they want to be able to retaliate.

My 2 cents.

Been selling on eBay for a long time and about 1/3 of the time the buyer will not leave feedback unfortunately. However as a seller, we leave feedback once the buyer has paid, because that shows the buyer that you took time to build up their profile as they are asked to do with yours, and as a buyer once we receive the item we leave feedback. Also doesn't hurt to send the buyer a message asking if they could leave feedback, Smile

Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

As a buyer, I always leave feedback as soon as I receive my package and am ok with what I received. Haven't sold in over 2 years on ebay (main reason is that I just don't want to be bothered), but I always left feedback as soon as the buyer paid.

As far as the buyer leaving feedback......always ask in your item description for the buyer to leave feedback or send them a comment before shipping asking for it. If they don't leave any......oh well, move on.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thank you all for the "feedback" !!!
Thanks,
- Steve