`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Does the Rookie Premiere Help or Hurt Football Card Collectors
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Help
33.33%
1 33.33%
Hurt
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2016 Rookie Premiere

2016 Rookie Premiere
In an effort to get all of the ads off the front page, I notice that the Rookie Premiere is occurring now - once again, only one defensive player.

I note that once again there is only one defensive player - and of course, no offensive linesmen - but there are some late round WR/running backs - it seems that every years there is at least one such player who winds up never or barely playing in the NFL but they have tons of cards - last year it was Vincent Mayle who couldn't even make the Cleveland Browns roster out of training camp.

I wonder if anyone has ever complied a list of all of the players who went to the RPS and then didn't do much in the NFL. Even players who become role players, being invited to the RPS likely means that their cards will be worth less than similar players who didn't go to the RPS given all of the additional cards. And of course, all of the junk memorabilia cards make me wonder if the RPS is actually more harmful to football card collectors then it benefits - am I the only one who raises those questions.

Anyway, I've accomplished my goal of getting the spam posts off the top

Anyway, how about a poll - does the Rookie Premiere help or hurt football card collectors

RE: 2016 Rookie Premiere
I, too, would rather see everyone's No. 1 pick at the photo shoot than a bunch of late round scrubs.

Part of it is, I'm a Lions fan, and for two years running we've had our No. 1 picks on the O-line.

So no photo shoot cards for us.

(05-20-2016, 01:57 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I, too, would rather see everyone's No. 1 pick at the photo shoot than a bunch of late round scrubs.

Part of it is, I'm a Lions fan, and for two years running we've had our No. 1 picks on the O-line.

So no photo shoot cards for us.
And the Lions you've had there recently haven't exactly had great NFL careers

I could see some second and third round picks being included - but its odd to see just about every running back drafted as running backs become less important in the NFL.

Of course, I've always liked punter, kicker, and offensive linesmen cards - so I might be the exception

(05-20-2016, 02:19 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: And the Lions you've had there recently haven't exactly had great NFL careers

I could see some second and third round picks being included - but its odd to see just about every running back drafted as running backs become less important in the NFL.

Of course, I've always liked punter, kicker, and offensive linesmen cards - so I might be the exception
I would actually love it if they brought a set back like Upper Deck 40-Man (a football version) or Topps Total ... even the double and triple player cards of lesser known players were way better than nothing.

(05-20-2016, 02:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I would actually love it if they brought a set back like Upper Deck 40-Man (a football version) or Topps Total ... even the double and triple player cards of lesser known players were way better than nothing.
+1,000,000,000,000!!!!!

[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(05-20-2016, 02:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I would actually love it if they brought a set back like Upper Deck 40-Man (a football version) or Topps Total ... even the double and triple player cards of lesser known players were way better than nothing.
As a set builder and fan of the unsung heroes (oline, special teams) I agree! Donruss would have been a great platform to do this. Maybe Score too. Both of them were known to have massive checklists in the past and wouldn't "taint" the Panini premium brands.