`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did y'all see what Odor did to Bautista???

RE: Did y'all see what Odor did to Bautista???
(05-15-2016, 08:33 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I feel odor should be suspended the rest of the season. That was dirty.
Oh come on now. It was only a punch. Utley got 2 games for breaking Tejada's leg and Tehada couldn't see it coming. Bautista totally should have seen that coming.

(05-15-2016, 08:33 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I feel odor should be suspended the rest of the season. That was dirty.
So was Bautista's slide...which would have ended Odor's season had he not been able to avoid it. Bautista had it coming.

(05-15-2016, 10:24 PM)madamson Wrote: So was Bautista's slide...which would have ended Odor's season had he not been able to avoid it. Bautista had it coming.
Bautista didn't even touch him on the slide. It was a clean slide to a shortstop turning 2.

(05-15-2016, 10:35 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Bautista didn't even touch him on the slide. It was a clean slide to a shortstop turning 2.
Watch the replay and listen to the guys on ESPN. He started his slide on top of the bag. I'm ok taking out the 2B or SS on the double play, but you don't slide that late at the legs.

If you look he did it towards the center/inside of the bag. Where you would slid if you were NOT trying to harm anyone. It was a late slide and he even admitted that but it wasn't malicious like a punch to the face

(05-15-2016, 10:53 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: If you look he did it towards the center/inside of the bag. Where you would slid if you were NOT trying to harm anyone. It was a late slide and he even admitted that but it wasn't malicious like a punch to the face
For sure a late slide, umps got it right calling him out. Maybe malicious, but even if was, he should get a suspension anyway.

I liked Fielder's reaction when he got plunked the next inning. Gonna be fun watching next time these guys play...

The rest of the season is a bit harsh. Cueto only got 7 games for kicking the snot out of Jason LaRue and ending his career. I'd say 3-5 games tops. Give Bautista a game or two also. (I was ok with the bat flip just not the staredown of the pitcher)

(05-15-2016, 10:53 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: If you look he did it towards the center/inside of the bag. Where you would slid if you were NOT trying to harm anyone. It was a late slide and he even admitted that but it wasn't malicious like a punch to the face
Bow up to somebody and act tough and expect not to get decked? Shows how comfortable people are with acting tough. If you're going to bow up to somebody, on the field or off, you better at least be expecting a punch to come your way. Just advice from me. There are people out there that don't just pretend to be tough.

Other than that, both should be suspended along with Bush from 1-5 games. Nothing more.
[Image: image.jpg]

(05-16-2016, 07:58 AM)pjrussell529 Wrote: The rest of the season is a bit harsh. Cueto only got 7 games for kicking the snot out of Jason LaRue and ending his career. I'd say 3-5 games tops. Give Bautista a game or two also. (I was ok with the bat flip just not the staredown of the pitcher)
I was just being sarcastic......I'm fine with the bat flip. I really didn't think the side was all that bad, but acting like a tough guy, he got what he deserved. (I in no way condone violence of any sort....as long as I'm not involved....LOL).

Very true elb.......that would make a great Now Card. Hey what about a great insert card set...Fists of Fury or Swing and Connect....The Best of Baseball Brawls!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The side product of this whole deal is, I bet no one effs with Odor for the rest of his career.

That was as solid a punch as you'll see in any boxing or MMA ring.

You have to figure that with a name like "Odor" he's been dealing with s--t his whole life.