`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did y'all see what Odor did to Bautista???

RE: Did y'all see what Odor did to Bautista???
(05-18-2016, 09:29 PM)crossada Wrote: This whole thread is going blowout lol
"Ouch"
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Hey.......

Did y'all see what Odor did to Bautista???

Sorry Jared. I truly wasn't calling you racist or anything else. I saw Zeps's post and agreed disliking someone because of what country they're from is borderline racism. Didn't even know you were involved. When you said if you believe it's racism you have issues, I commented on how similar they were. It was in no way related to you or your previous comments as I had not read them. When I said "you dislike them equally regardless of color", I was speaking in general. Not of you personally.

Bautista plays for a Canadian team but he isn't from Canada. As stated before I was fine with all of it, for me it was two competitive guys playing hard. Any hockey fan would laugh it off, fairly normal in hockey games. I have to say I was a little surprised by the punch just as much as Bautista probably was. These bench clearing "brawls" at baseball games are always pointless, nothing ever happens. Maybe now players will keep their head up going into these confrontations, Ordo opened a door.

In no way did I consider Jaredhuizengo comment as racist or anything of the kind and I am Canadian. He had a smiley face and in my response I added LOL. People take things way too serious. It's just a game, if Odor wants to punch Joeybats that's his choice, I still think it's good for the game. I was surprised at the hate for him and the Jays.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Jared, I wasn't calling you a racist. It was a general comment that hating somebody just because he plays for a Canadian team is borderline racist in my opinion. I'm a Red Sox fan but I don't hate ARod because he plays for the Yankees. I dislike him for tainting the game and dashing the hopes and dreams of thousands of young fans. I dislike him for lying. I dislike him because my 2500+ cards of him all dropped in value. If I hated him for being a Yankee then I think that would be borderline racism. Maybe racism isn't the best term but it was what came to mind about someone who didn't like somebody just because they're associated with a certain country, or a certain color of skin or a certain sexual preference.

And yes, I have issues. Lots of them. My wife will stand and raise her hand and nod anytime someone accuses me of having issues.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Not at all impressed by Odor. Bautista's hands weren't up and he was certainly not expecting a punch. And no, this would not make me avoid or be scared of Odor, it would make me want to confront him, just with my guard up so I didn't get punched when I wasn't expecting it. If this is how you would like your child to behave at a little league game then you can support and encourage Odor's behavior.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(05-19-2016, 12:32 PM)zeprock Wrote: Jared, I wasn't calling you a racist. It was a general comment that hating somebody just because he plays for a Canadian team is borderline racist in my opinion. I'm a Red Sox fan but I don't hate ARod because he plays for the Yankees. I dislike him for tainting the game and dashing the hopes and dreams of thousands of young fans. I dislike him for lying. I dislike him because my 2500+ cards of him all dropped in value. If I hated him for being a Yankee then I think that would be borderline racism. Maybe racism isn't the best term but it was what came to mind about someone who didn't like somebody just because they're associated with a certain country, or a certain color of skin or a certain sexual preference.

And yes, I have issues. Lots of them. My wife will stand and raise her hand and nod anytime someone accuses me of having issues.
Not sure if Canadian is a race? Maybe a nationality?

It still amazes me how so many people watch the same highlight and see so many different things. You would think a highlight reel would be straight forward, not so much.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.