`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autographed Connor McDavid RC #201

Autographed Connor McDavid RC #201
Hey there, I've done some forum searches and read a bit on the subject... But I'm still unsure of the implications to the card in terms of value. I bought a Connor McDavid rookie card for around $200, and I intend to have him sign it. It's not too hard to find his #201 Upper Deck rookie card, it just costs money. On the other hand, it seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to find an image of his signature on this particular card. If I were to get it done, and list it on EBay the next day, do you think people would be willing to pay?

Like I guess I wonder what the value of signed Gordie Howe RC would be... Or a signed Wayne Gretzky RC, or a signed Mario Lemieux RC?

Regardless, my intention would be to keep the card, and maybe frame it with a collection of memorabilia or something. I'm just curious if maybe I should be insuring it for $10,000+ or something after that... Because I know I would probably need an offer of atleast that to even think about parting with it. But perhaps maybe the signature only devalues the card and I shouldn't worry about such things. Anyways, just curious about particularly desirable signatures on desirable pieces of memorabilia, thanks!

RE: Autographed Connor McDavid RC #201
If you were to get it autographed you would almost find it necessary to have it authenticated through one of the bigger grading companies. The lure of the true rookie card is enough for a collector to pay a premium for their favorite players. Having that "marred" by a pen could drop the value, and it would definitely drop the the possible grade, should you be looking for that. I would personally consider having him sign a lesser RC (O-Pee-Chee Update) or a variant card to frame with the Young Gun. Just my thoughts.

Randi

Technically, the value would be very little since the card had been altered, but you might find someone willing to pay a premium.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Bluntly put, you would be utterly and completely destroying any value it has as a McDavid YG. The only value it would have is as a McDavid autographed item, which you could spend a whole lot less money and still procure.

As said, you would pretty much NEED to get it authenticated by a grading company. The card grading would be seriously effected by the auto, so you would only want to have the card slabbed with the autograph as "AUTHENTIC".

In your place, if I thought the card was grade-worthy, I'd get the card slabbed unaltered, then have another item auto'd and frame them together...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)