`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Topps now quality

Topps now quality
I just received my Arrieta & Bryant Topps Now cards and am very disappointed. Not only did the come in flimsy top loaders with no penny sleeves, but they were also all scratched up on the front of the cards! For 9.99 apiece + $8.79 for shipping I expected at least a mint card. Has anyone else bought any Topps now cards & had the same issues?

RE: Topps now quality
(05-02-2016, 08:38 PM)jjmar9174 Wrote: I just received my Arrieta & Bryant Topps Now cards and am very disappointed. Not only did the come in flimsy top loaders with no penny sleeves, but they were also all scratched up on the front of the cards! For 9.99 apiece + $8.79 for shipping I expected at least a mint card. Has anyone else bought any Topps now cards & had the same issues?
I bought the Tanaka and Gardner. Not here yet, but I will report more when I get them.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(05-03-2016, 07:22 AM)bamyanks Wrote: I bought the Tanaka and Gardner. Not here yet, but I will report more when I get them.
Thanks I'm interested to know if yours come in the same shape.

I have bought a bunch and they all came in the cheap thin plastic holders without penny sleeves, which is rather disappointing, however none of mine were damaged. Also mine were all free shipping, did you pay for expedited shipping or are you outside of the US?
I did hear that there were some people that got damaged cards and they contacted Topps and got offered refunds to return the cards, but not sure of the validity to that as it's second hand info.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-03-2016, 05:30 PM)djohn Wrote: I have bought a bunch and they all came in the cheap thin plastic holders without penny sleeves, which is rather disappointing, however none of mine were damaged. Also mine were all free shipping, did you pay for expedited shipping or are you outside of the US?
I did hear that there were some people that got damaged cards and they contacted Topps and got offered refunds to return the cards, but not sure of the validity to that as it's second hand info.
I looked again at the email again and I did get free shipping, I could have sworn at checkout it said $8.79 for shipping. My bad. I've tried to contact topps but I'm on the west coast and by the time I'm out of work their closed. I'm going to try again tomorrow earlier. The edges & corners are sharp but the face of both cards are scratched very bad near the tops of both cards. I'm assuming it's the result of haphazardly sliding them into those cheap top loaders with no protection. Thanks for the info.

I did just notice something more interesting about the Topps Now cards. The cards are not all cut the same size. I have around 50 total now from various players and when I took them all out of the cases and stacked them up, I noticed that some were smaller than others. I also noticed a slight angle to some of the cards cuts. This concerns me as this could prove to be an issue for grading, as the cards could come back as altered since they aren't uniformly cut the same dimension.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I received one of my cards today. I had forgotten I had ordered the Ellsbury stealing home card. Anyway, it came in a flat mailer, card itself was just in a card saver. No scratches or anything on the front that I could see. Still have a Gardner coming, and possibly a Tanaka. I'll report on those when I get them.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(05-02-2016, 08:38 PM)jjmar9174 Wrote: I just received my Arrieta & Bryant Topps Now cards and am very disappointed.
Did you expect anything better from Topps?
(05-03-2016, 10:08 PM)djohn Wrote: The cards are not all cut the same size.
Did anyone here think the words "Topps" and "quality control" went together in any way before this post?

You're right. I can see grading problems ahead.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-04-2016, 01:59 PM)jonathani Wrote: Did you expect anything better from Topps?

Did anyone here think the words "Topps" and "quality control" went together in any way before this post?

You're right. I can see grading problems ahead.
Your absolutely right, I was overly optimistic. I won't be purchasing anymore of these.

I've only purchased the Urias debut (5), so I'm still waiting for those. This thread doesn't make me very enthused for their arrival however.