`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's your most disappointing player so far?

RE: Who's your most disappointing player so far?
(04-26-2016, 12:39 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Stanton having problems because of new hitting coach? MLB broke down how Edgar was helping Cano get back on track since re-joining the Mariners in a coaching role, could the opposite be happening to Stanton? Could it be he is pressing trying to impress Bonds? I have not heard a lot of news on what Bonds has done to help the team just floating the idea.
Bonds worked with Ryan Howard and screwed him all up......doing the same with Stanton IMO.

Its so early still that I don't put much weight into a player having a great / poor week at the plate nor a pitcher having 1 bad outing....I usually wait until the middle of June before praising / writing players or Teams off.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I have a small stash of Michael Pineda. I really thought this would be his year but he still looks inconsistent. He may find his groove, but he is not really looking that great at this point.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Ok ok McCutchen just hit his 3rd homerun of the night....guess he heard me call him out! Smile

(04-26-2016, 12:39 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Stanton having problems because of new hitting coach? MLB broke down how Edgar was helping Cano get back on track since re-joining the Mariners in a coaching role, could the opposite be happening to Stanton? Could it be he is pressing trying to impress Bonds? I have not heard a lot of news on what Bonds has done to help the team just floating the idea.
Well, everyone knows I don't care for Bonds so I didn't want to be that guy blaming him because my favorite player was slumping. I'm hoping it's just a small adjustment Stanton needs to make. While I dislike Bonds I won't deny his god given ability and to give credit where it may be due, some of those Marlins appear to be benefiting from his help.

(04-24-2016, 12:25 PM)madamson Wrote: My Twins...spots 1-9...any game.

Ok, so the sky is not falling, but I was hoping for a better start. Really thought Buxton was ready this year and he looks over-matched at the plate.

Personally, I'd love to see an OF of; LF - Eddie Rosario, CF - Buxton and RF - Kepler. Let's ride out the young kids and let them take their lumps and see where it goes. I still think we were wrong in keeping Plouffe at 3rd. Should have dealt him for relief help or a mid-rotation arm. Sano should be planted at 3rd...period. Eduardo Escobar is holding SS down until Nick Gordon is ready, which won't be for a while. Dozier will be fine at 2nd, and the combo of Mauer and Bjung Ho Park at 1st/DH is fine.
Just read Buxton and Kepler were sent to Rochester (AAA). I have not been to a Rochester game yet so looks like a my weekend is planned.

My Reds pitching staff. On pace to break the Major League record for home runs allowed... Oh, and outside of Cozart, we can't hit either.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(04-27-2016, 05:23 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Well, everyone knows I don't care for Bonds so I didn't want to be that guy blaming him because my favorite player was slumping. I'm hoping it's just a small adjustment Stanton needs to make. While I dislike Bonds I won't deny his god given ability and to give credit where it may be due, some of those Marlins appear to be benefiting from his help.
Stanton is just too good of a hitter. Nobody can take that away. He's coming around. Not everyone hits a ton in April. He just needs to warm up.

As far as Bonds goes. Give they guy his due ... He knew his strike zone, he was patient at the plate, drew a ton of walks and always had a great batting average. How that relates into being a good coach is still premature and inconclusive at this point.

That Marlins game last night was pretty wild. Phelps and Mattingly getting tossed was so wrong. That Umpire was a D-bag, IMO. But as it turned out, that forced pitching change may have saved that game. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Through absolutely no fault of his own, I'd say I'm most disappointed that Kyle Schwarber got hurt.

I was REALLY looking forward to seeing what he could do over a full season in the middle of that lineup.

Oh well ... I'm going to try to pick up one of his autos while the market is soft this season.

Matt Shoemaker! I know he's no superstar, but he has pretty good stuff, but his splitter and the walks are killing him this year!!!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

I'm starting to feel a little disheartened with my newbie PC guy ... Luis Severino. 0-4 so far, which in part you can blame the Yankees lack of production, but his ERA is not that good, and he's looking inconsistent. Perhaps it's time for a reevaluation of Larry Rothschild? You can't blame the pitching coach for all their woes, but most of the Staff, Pineda, Nova, CC, Tanaka, Betances are looking flat and teams are using them for batting practice. Andrew Miller looks good, and Chapman can start playing soon, but closers aren't that valuable unless your team gives them a lead to save.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.