`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bad Topps Replacement

RE: Another Bad Topps Replacement
Pretty foolish all around here, everyone included.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(03-17-2016, 08:11 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Pretty foolish all around here, everyone included.
Huh?

The Carpenter is one of those cards that Beckett just pulls a number out of the hat and that's the value for it. Beckett has it greatly undervalued. I didn't know the BV on the Polonco but seeing as I just sold it at auction for $12, it obviously is overvalued and/or not very desirable.

(03-17-2016, 01:20 PM)slufan83 Wrote: The Carpenter is one of those cards that Beckett just pulls a number out of the hat and that's the value for it. Beckett has it greatly undervalued. I didn't know the BV on the Polonco but seeing as I just sold it at auction for $12, it obviously is overvalued and/or not very desirable.
Speaking for myself, I would have been interested in it because it had far more potential than the Carpenter. The Polanco doesn't book high but has the opportunity to increase in value while the Carpenter would continue on a steady decline.

(03-17-2016, 01:20 PM)slufan83 Wrote: The Carpenter is one of those cards that Beckett just pulls a number out of the hat and that's the value for it. Beckett has it greatly undervalued. I didn't know the BV on the Polonco but seeing as I just sold it at auction for $12, it obviously is overvalued and/or not very desirable.
Not sure why that Carpenter would be worth so much more than book value. I just checked completed auctions for 2015 Topps Matt Carpenter autographs (which includes higher end Topps brands like Tier One, Triple Threads, Five Star, etc), and most sell for around $10, which is inline with what you sold the Polanco for.
Do I think Topps screwed you, yes but not in terms of value. I think they screwed you because your a Cardinals fan and they sent you a Pirates card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

That's ugly sig. I'm sorry Topps got you. They've pushed me strictly to the secondary market with their brand. I'm buying singles and small lots so I know exactly what I get. These sketchy replacements are getting too common for my wallet. I miss busting boxes and such, but my way is safer. And I can avoid all the cards I don't want but they put in for filler and chasers.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-16-2016, 04:34 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I was told by them that I couldn't request a specific team/player.
When I wanted to exchange my 2015 tribute autos that were bad, I requested some Yankees to replace them. The lady I talked to told me no problem and sent me a Cone, an O'Neill and a CC. The Cone was low numbered as was the CC. I have a feeling she is a Yankee fan (by a couple of things she said). So my point is, it all depends on who you talk to. I think some of the people there will help out a lot more than others. Just my feeling and opinion.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]