`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clearance 2015 Bowman Blaster

Clearance 2015 Bowman Blaster
Was at Target this after and, given my propensity for NEVER pulling anything out of Heritage, I opted for a clearance blaster of 2015 Bowman.

$12.99 is a pretty good deal, right? Maybe some Correa, Bryant, Sano? Worth the shot.

Every single normal sized card in the box had significant corner damage. And the box had no signs of damage on the outside. So severe, in fact, that I wouldn't even hang onto them for my PC Bowman sets.

The only keepers from the bunch? A base mini Correa and a common mini.

Everything else, including a Sano, a chrome Urias and a Gregor Blanco Green/99 is making its way to my buddy's kid's budding collection.

Disappointing to say the least. I'd take a picture, but I'm afraid the poo would splatter up onto my phone and damage that, too.

Oh well, at least the kid'll be happy and I got some Twins PC mail to tide me over for a bit.

The takeaway is this ... don't buy those clearance blasters. Buy the new stuff that, while unlikely to yield anything (at least for me), hasn't been shipped all over the country and beat into submission.
Kepler

RE: Clearance 2015 Bowman Blaster
that's unfortunate the cards were all dinged and damaged. I started to buy a few of the clearance 2015 bowman platinum packs at Walmart a few weeks ago, but decided to wait. Now, after reading your experience, I don't think I'll be buying them any time soon. I have bought clearance blasters from Target/Walmart before and have never encountered the cards being damaged or anything. The only time something like that happened was when I bought a few loose packs of 2009 upper deck icons that were just "hidden" in the back of the shelf and all the cards in the packs were badly bent up and damaged. Hope you have better luck next time.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Clearance 2015 Bowman Blaster
Truthfully, the blasters have been pretty good for me. This one was just hideous though. I've completely stopped buying loose packs or hanger packs - unless I happen to walk by when the guy is restocking the shelves.

If you get there even an hour later, the pack searchers have already gone to town on them and damaged everything they don't want.
Kepler