`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organize Question - Initial Grade?

Organize Question - Initial Grade?
What should be the initial condition setting using organize when a card has strictly gone from a pack to your own hand to a sleeve? I tend to pick 9, but is that too generous ungraded? Obviously I adjust lower when cards were more finicky or sometimes stuck, but I dont know what the bar is for "self grading". Hell, we all pull gem mint 10's in our own mind right ?lol Any tips appreciated.

RE: Organize Question - Initial Grade?
Personally, I err on the side of the caution and leave the default - NmMt (8). I will adjust things down, but rarely do I adjust up. When it comes to trading, what I might consider Mint, might be different than what someone else thinks it is and vice versa.
Kepler

Good stance. That is very reasonable to me and figured I wasdefaulting too high.

NrMt 8 or less is standard unless it is graded.

(03-03-2016, 10:13 AM)brian2345 Wrote: NrMt 8 or less is standard unless it is graded.
+1

Eights are safe, but I frequently compare graded cards with my ungraded and mildly adjust accordingly.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Always the default 8 for me. I figure anything higher should be graded to confirm a better quality of a card...imho.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Currently, ungraded cards should be set at 8.

I was thinking about this the other day. I really think that becket standard ungraded should be set as a 9 (meaning that beckett set the raw grade as a 9, and this would equate to typical BV).

I mean, think about it. Any raw card I have that would grade out at an 8 per Beckett standards would have a noticeable flaw that I feel would be necessary to disclose. 8 corners, 8 edges, 8 centering, or 8 surface... any one of these grades would be a noticeable defect.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint