`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Uncertified Autos Show and Share Thread

RE: Uncertified Autos Show and Share Thread
All I know is, as a Tigers fan, I am extremely jealous ... although I do have a couple of Mark "The Bird" Fydrich IP autos that my grandpa got for me a few years ago.

He and my grandma actually lived right across the street from the mall (built years after their house was, LOL), so he would go when he read about appearances in the local paper.

He said they usually sold cards of the player for like a dollar right by the signing table, so he got me Fydrich, Barbaro Garbey (!), Dave Rozema, Denny McLain and Willie Horton.

Then, when I would come visit in the summertime, he would give me the cards he had collected for me throughout the year.

I guess my best TTM auto would be this guy here:

[Image: AaronTrout_zps86029191.jpg]

What's cool about this is I sent it to him in like June or July of his rookie year, and then got it back in Oct. 2012, with a South Jersey postmark.

The same day of the postmark, he posted this on Facebook:

[Image: Trout_zpsedrsq4hb.jpg]

Great thread, thanks for all the Tigers pics.

(02-22-2016, 06:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: All I know is, as a Tigers fan, I am extremely jealous ... although I do have a couple of Mark "The Bird" Fydrich IP autos that my grandpa got for me a few years ago.

He and my grandma actually lived right across the street from the mall (built years after their house was, LOL), so he would go when he read about appearances in the local paper.

He said they usually sold cards of the player for like a dollar right by the signing table, so he got me Fydrich, Barbaro Garbey (!), Dave Rozema, Denny McLain and Willie Horton.

Then, when I would come visit in the summertime, he would give me the cards he had collected for me throughout the year.

I guess my best TTM auto would be this guy here:

[Image: AaronTrout_zps86029191.jpg]

What's cool about this is I sent it to him in like June or July of his rookie year, and then got it back in Oct. 2012, with a South Jersey postmark.

The same day of the postmark, he posted this on Facebook:

[Image: Trout_zpsedrsq4hb.jpg]

Great thread, thanks for all the Tigers pics.
I used to have a Rozema too, but I gave it to a buddy of mine I now haven't seen in years. He was a huge Rozema fan from the onset of the "Karate Incident" (for those not in the know Dave Rozema went on the DL once from trying to karate kick a guy in a brawl...it should be noted he knew nothing about karate). The Barbaro Garbey one actually makes me a tad jealous! The Trout is fantastic, couple it with the facebook pic on the same date and that is quite a cool coincidence. It may be the "looking for something" with the dates, but it does look like he is signing a horizontal card and the darkness at the top resembles the one you have...who knows could have been yours!
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(02-22-2016, 08:43 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I used to have a Rozema too, but I gave it to a buddy of mine I now haven't seen in years. He was a huge Rozema fan from the onset of the "Karate Incident" (for those not in the know Dave Rozema went on the DL once from trying to karate kick a guy in a brawl...it should be noted he knew nothing about karate). The Barbaro Garbey one actually makes me a tad jealous! The Trout is fantastic, couple it with the facebook pic on the same date and that is quite a cool coincidence. It may be the "looking for something" with the dates, but it does look like he is signing a horizontal card and the darkness at the top resembles the one you have...who knows could have been yours!
I think he's signing someone's 2011 Topps RC ... believe me, I have looked very closely, LOL.

That's cool about Rozema, I've never heard that story before.

(02-23-2016, 12:17 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think he's signing someone's 2011 Topps RC ... believe me, I have looked very closely, LOL.

That's cool about Rozema, I've never heard that story before.

After watching this I would not want to ever mess with Larry Herndon, Enos Capbell, or Richie Hebner.

Back in my TTM heyday
[Image: Scan0001_zpstwjb95ss.jpg]
[Image: Scan0002_zpscbkmg6sf.jpg]
[Image: Scan0003_zps3jwid7qv.jpg]
[Image: Scan0004_zpszt2jsksm.jpg]
[Image: Scan0005_zpsapfudoso.jpg]
[Image: Scan0006_zpscyqpvrmz.jpg]
[Image: Scan0007_zpsctqcgfmx.jpg]

(02-23-2016, 09:37 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: Back in my TTM heyday
Great stuff!
Here's a few more that I've scanned.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

The ones I'm loving seeing the most are the players who are not the big stars. For most of them this is the only way of getting an auto card for your collection.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Pat Neshek has a great signature, you can tell he's a colelctor as he always tries to plant the auto in the best place.
You've got some nice cards there Zeprock, I love the stay in school message!
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!

(02-25-2016, 01:08 PM)bzross Wrote: You've got some nice cards there Zeprock,
Interesting stories on some of those. Carl Willey went to elementary school with my grandfather. Jim Lonborg and I talked about skiing. I got Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd to sign one of every one of his Topps cards for me except for one that he said he was going to keep and trade for some "nookie". Jeff DeWillis contacted me through my website, Zeprock.com looking for cards of himself. I managed to scrounge up a couple dozen through other trading sites and sent them all to him in exchange for his auto. Waited in line for more than an hour for the Mo Vaughn. I asked Bill Lee about the spacesuit and he said they asked him to wear it and that's all it took. The Red Sox team card depicts the 2004 World Champions signed by both Red Sox announcers Jerry Trupiano and Joe Castiglione. Joe B. Scott played in the Negro Leagues.