• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Near Complete / COMPLETED SETS show/tell/finish

RE: Near Complete / COMPLETED SETS show/tell/finish
I am still missing the Red #/5.

[Image: scan_zpsyqary50m.jpg]
[Image: scan1_zpswc6ne1bq.jpg]
[Image: scan2_zpsxyzvuvza.jpg]

Very very nice Soler's! I'll keep an eye out for the red.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

(02-16-2016, 08:07 AM)lecreccio Wrote: These are NICE! Do you think it's not realistic to find the 1/1 or to trade for either card? Because the /25 will pop up eventually and the 1/1 is great to have but not totally necessary to feel great about your rainbow.
I just saw a /25 just sold two days ago for $50. When another pops up grab it. If you're low on funds at that time let me know and I'll grab it for you. You always have cards I need. We have made some nice trades in the past, I'm sure we can make another.
These are NICE! Do you think it's not realistic to find the 1/1 or to trade for either card? Because the /25 will pop up eventually and the 1/1 is great to have but not totally necessary to feel great about your rainbow.
^^^^ very cool thing to offer.

(02-16-2016, 03:02 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: ^^^^ very cool thing to offer.
I thought so too.

Just picked up the orange for this rainbow. Still need the red /5, the super, and the all the plates. This is like 3 years in the making. It's sometimes hard to collect someone no one else does. I think people don't put his stuff up on the bay because they figure no one will buy it. I will!

[Image: 12bc_collage_zps2mrirn35.jpg]

[Image: 12bc_collage2_zpsvs3rjwmh.jpg]
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Awesome thread idea!!! Love the Cubs rainbows!

I don't have anything too fancy (yet), but I'll throw mine on here as well. I have the inserts from 2015 Topps, Topps Chrome, and Stadium Club all mostly complete. I'll get scans on here tomorrow (at work today).
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(02-27-2016, 11:15 AM)woogie23 Wrote: Awesome thread idea!!! Love the Cubs rainbows!

I don't have anything too fancy (yet), but I'll throw mine on here as well. I have the inserts from 2015 Topps, Topps Chrome, and Stadium Club all mostly complete. I'll get scans on here tomorrow (at work today).

Awesome, can't wait to see.

(02-27-2016, 10:01 AM)glassnickels Wrote: Just picked up the orange for this rainbow. Still need the red /5, the super, and the all the plates. This is like 3 years in the making. It's sometimes hard to collect someone no one else does. I think people don't put his stuff up on the bay because they figure no one will buy it. I will!
Great rainbow, it takes time but those cards will pop up. A lot of times I think people hold on to those low print run cards hoping the player will improve and they can sell/trade when he hits a hobby peak. When you bust a box and finally hit a low numbered card it's hard to let it go for $10( I don't know what your player sells for I'm just making a point in general). Or they are still in boxes. Last year I pulled two super rare cards, both football. I bought a box of 1997 E-x2000 and a 1998 Momentum, at different times, not the same break. Anyway in the Momentum I pulled a Gold Randy Moss RC parallel /25, and in the E-x2000 I pulled the Century Mark Brett Favre Autographics /100. Both cards sitting a box for almost twenty years. So eventually you will finish your rainbow, be patient.

(02-16-2016, 03:02 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: ^^^^ very cool thing to offer.
Thanks

(02-16-2016, 03:21 PM)garrisc Wrote: I thought so too.
Thank you also

I am waiting on several cards in the mail that will put several sets of mine a card or two away from completion. As soon as they arrive I will post some pics.
SET NEEDS;
1995-98 football inserts

I need one more card to finish the set. Reggie Jackson has three autos in 1999 Sports Illustrated set, I need the 'Mr. October' inscription to complete my set. Here's what they look like,
[Image: CE2EF499-E33A-416D-A84D-36D3ADCC417E_zps2crpzmoz.jpg]
I also need one more card to finish this set the 2014 Stadium Club autographs. I need the base auto or rainbow auto of Mike Minor. I wasn't able to find a base Terry Pendelton so I have the rainbow but would prefer the base. I also finished the complete gold set autos. Here's a couple of pics
[Image: 97C4F04C-22B7-4BCB-A68F-17FE6D2C908E_zpslxkuqhca.jpg]
[Image: 3573E710-01EF-4A5C-8A90-11C6DC048AC5_zpszxi0kdgl.jpg]
SET NEEDS;
1995-98 football inserts

Well, nothing fancy here, but this is what I got. I've been collecting in spurts over the years, so I'm at it again, heh. It's really the first year I've tried to complete any sets. Not sure what I'm gonna do for 2016 yet.
I've completed 2015 Topps Chrome base and with 2015 Stadium Club base I'm missing 10 out of 300.

Here are some 2015 Topps inserts I've completed or nearly completed. I need to update my org and get back into trading. I have way too much stuff just to keep buying. heh

2015 Topps Spring Fever (Complete)
 photo 0228162141_zpsjdowcvif.jpg
2015 First Pitch, Free Agent 40, Robbed (All 3 complete)
[Image: 0228162151_zpshisvoplw.jpg]
2015 Inspired Play(Complete), Gallery of Greats, Babe Ruth Story(Complete), Jackie Robinson Story
[Image: 0228162146a_zpstshknrau.jpg]
2015 Archetypes(Complete, Baseball History
[Image: IMG_20160228_220111_zpscewqgipm.jpg]
2015 Highlight of the Year
[Image: 0228162207_zpsw37e5zb1.jpg]

Some other projects:
1962 Topps I think I have about 20 cards, heh
1975 Topps about 50%
2012 Topps Gold Sparkle 30%ish
Neither of these are real priorities so I pick up a few here and there.

Well thanks for looking! No fancy auto sets or rainbows, maybe sometime down the road I can work on bigger and better projects. Just keeping it somewhat simple for now. Though the '62 is not going to be easy/cheap.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Nice sets woogie. I like the way you spread them out on the table and left gaps where your needs will eventually be placed. Oh, I just realized that they are in pages. I have to look but I might have some of the tops inserts and I just got an entire shoebox of beat up 75's in a trade. They are all commons but if the condition is good for you we can work something out.
SET NEEDS;
1995-98 football inserts