`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early opinion of 2016 Topps series I base

RE: Early opinion of 2016 Topps series I base
(02-07-2016, 02:38 PM)garrisc Wrote: Also regarding 100 Years at Wrigley - They did not include Kerry Wood's 20K game.
Maybe those will come out in Series 2? Hopefully?
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

It seems as if everyone likes the base set. And everybody doesn't care for the inserts. I agree with the comments about the theme of many of the inserts as getting "old". But I still like the look of the base and will probably buy a few more boxes before the price goes up. I think this set will be in high demand during the year. Kinda like the 2015 series II jumbo boxes from last year....If you can find any....

Here is my take.....
I feel like there is something very strange going on with collation lately? I buy a lot of Blasters and last week I bought two topps series 1 blasters and got the exact same box, literally, with exception of inserts. I knew exactly what card was coming in the pack based on who the top card was. Forward to this week....bought 3 more blasters, the first two were totally different.....the third one...half the packs were identical to the first box of those three!!!
I know I have seen this in the Chrome update packs, I mean howm many Will Harris/Despaigne packs did I get this past year opening those up, but this is a much larger set and it seems quite poor on the side of quality control.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

Any idea why the camo SPs and the SSPs arent listed in OPG yet?
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(02-08-2016, 03:34 PM)chester2002 Wrote: Here is my take.....
I feel like there is something very strange going on with collation lately? I buy a lot of Blasters and last week I bought two topps series 1 blasters and got the exact same box, literally, with exception of inserts. I knew exactly what card was coming in the pack based on who the top card was. Forward to this week....bought 3 more blasters, the first two were totally different.....the third one...half the packs were identical to the first box of those three!!!
I know I have seen this in the Chrome update packs, I mean how many Will Harris/Despaigne packs did I get this past year opening those up, but this is a much larger set and it seems quite poor on the side of quality control.
I agree. I bought two jumbos and noticed duplicate-or mostly duplicate packs. I got three Molina and Wainwright cards, and they were back to back in the three packs they came from.

This happened to me with Bowman's Best as well. Two boxes from a local shop- likely from the same case, and i got exactly the same prospect base cards in each master box. Topps needs to do a little more card shuffling it seems.

Jason

Question for those complaining about Topps's collation. Are you getting the same card more than once in a box--- being a jumbo box, regular hobby box, or blaster. If not I do not see a collation problem. If you buy to blasters and they are exactly the same that is just plain bad luck to me.

Definitely not bad luck at all - bad collation. My 2 hanger boxes were pretty much the same - 5 different ones in each box and the rest were the same cards in the same order.

Last week I bought the Twins in a half-case jumbo break. I was counting Sanos - 1 per box, I believe - and they came in the same order in the same pack of each box. The same could be said for pretty much every major player pulled - they showed up in the same spot in each box. Kris Bryant, for instance, was pulled once in each box and he was the second card from the top in each pack he was in.
Kepler

(02-09-2016, 05:26 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Question for those complaining about Topps's collation. Are you getting the same card more than once in a box--- being a jumbo box, regular hobby box, or blaster. If not I do not see a collation problem. If you buy to blasters and they are exactly the same that is just plain bad luck to me.
I haven't gone through them all, but I broke 2 jumbos and have 3 or 4 of several cards. Having duplicated packs makes it harder to complete a set.

(02-09-2016, 05:26 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Question for those complaining about Topps's collation. Are you getting the same card more than once in a box--- being a jumbo box, regular hobby box, or blaster. If not I do not see a collation problem. If you buy to blasters and they are exactly the same that is just plain bad luck to me.
I pulled two packs from the same box at WalMart and had five dupes between them.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html