`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPG or ORG Which would you do?

OPG or ORG Which would you do?
My org subscription is coming up for renewal in a few weeks and was trying to decide if it would make more sense to just get the price guide (since org comes with that). I have checked out the recent price increases for the price guides and that's why I'm a little hesitant about deciding.I really use organize quite a bit for maintaining and updating my collections, but haven't paid for a price guide subscription in a couple of years, so I'm kinda curious about the bv on many of my more recent additions.
Would like to see what other members prefer.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: OPG or ORG Which would you do?
Makes it much easier to trade with the opg. Quick, clean and simple for the most part. That's my opinion anyway.

(01-30-2016, 11:40 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Makes it much easier to trade with the opg. Quick, clean and simple for the most part. That's my opinion anyway.
Agreed. I trade by BV so for me its essential.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Yeah, I prefer the OPG too. Have had it for over a decade. I like to know values at a glance without having to search other sites.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I use the BV on cards when trading. I have never just had ORG so I am not familiar with how it would work without it.

OPG for me. I like seeing the BV of my cards and use that for trading. I had an annual subscription until last year when I let that expire becuase I decided to pull back on collecting so much. Now I buy a monthly OPG a couple of times a year so I can stay in touch with the hobby and my org isn't deleted
[Image: Boston.jpg]

OPG is essential for me too..trading BV for BV most of the time..quick value look up too...although it is a GUIDE..not a bible

I have done both, it really comes down to whether you do trading or care about being able to look up Beckett's prices. If you are trading then it is almost a must, so that you can easily match book value on both sides. Just having ORG makes sense if you are using it to keep track of your collection and don't care so much about looking at the book values.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-31-2016, 08:31 AM)mnahoom1 Wrote: I use the BV on cards when trading. I have never just had ORG so I am not familiar with how it would work without it.
you can still do trading with just org, but you don't have the ability to look up the values of cards and it can sometimes be a pain having to ask the other trader you are working with to check the bv for you.
The thing is that I do still trade on here, but just not all year round. I mainly will do most of my trades during the spring-summer months. Since I am trying to finish getting a BA as well, I just don't know how much time I'll have for trading this year. I guess that is why I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do. I may do what wolverine74 said about getting an opg a few times a year on a month to month basis.
(01-31-2016, 04:11 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: OPG is essential for me too..trading BV for BV most of the time..quick value look up too...although it is a GUIDE..not a bible
understood.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I have org year round and recently bought the one month pricing for trading purposes. otherwise I used completed listings when gauging a price for items i'm going to sell. the org works wonders for myself when i'm not doing a bunch of trading and need to keep track of my pc inventory for haves and have nots