`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options

Options
I have not been collecting as long as many of you so I am looking for feedback. My collection is getting there and I would like to start moving some of the items that I have doubles and more of. Trading is great but as most of you you know a lot of traders are no longer in the hobby to complete sets. They want Rookies, Autos and Memorabilia cards only. I am thinking about eBay, COMC and possibly Flea Market. I am not looking to get rich off my hobby and I know the chances of that are small, but to be able to move some of these and help support future purchases would be good. Please let me know what you have done and how well it worked out for you.

RE: Options
The best way I found is to list everything at once on eBay for as low as you can. Buyers want to buy multiple lots to save on shipping cost.

(01-31-2016, 06:25 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: The best way I found is to list everything at once on eBay for as low as you can. Buyers want to buy multiple lots to save on shipping cost.
Thanks I will keep that in mind.

It just depends on what you have. I still build sets, and there are surprisingly still quite a few others that do as well. If all you have are base cards, then you won't be getting much for them on eBay. There are a few other sites that are good for selling base singles. SportLots is a great site to sell singles and you don't have to worry about shipping your inventory to COMC (paying the upfront and monthly fees) and having it sit without any sales. Of course if you have inserts or other cards that might sell for $1-$5 range then COMC is one of the best places to sell them. eBay is really best suited for hot cards or rare cards that you can put a Fixed Price on and accept offers.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Facebook trade groups can be a great option as well. No protection there though, so you gotta find a good group, and not be too worried about getting screwed. There are some real jerks out there.

(02-01-2016, 05:14 PM)djohn Wrote: It just depends on what you have. I still build sets, and there are surprisingly still quite a few others that do as well. If all you have are base cards, then you won't be getting much for them on eBay. There are a few other sites that are good for selling base singles. SportLots is a great site to sell singles and you don't have to worry about shipping your inventory to COMC (paying the upfront and monthly fees) and having it sit without any sales. Of course if you have inserts or other cards that might sell for $1-$5 range then COMC is one of the best places to sell them. eBay is really best suited for hot cards or rare cards that you can put a Fixed Price on and accept offers.
We set builders are still around and I agree with all the comments about Sportlots, COMC, and eBay.

WHILE I AM NOT A SET BUILDER, I STILL LIKE TO TRADE FOR COWBOYS. WHAT I HAVE IS A BINDER OF COWBOYS WITH 1 - 2 PAGES DEVOTED TO ANY COWBOYS I HAVE CARDS OF. THE HARD PART IS FINDING COWBOYS FROM 60S - 90S, AS MOST COLLECTORS DO NOT ADD TO ORGANIZE 5 CENT COMMON CARDS THAT WERE IN EVERY BRANDS 500+ YEARLY SETS. I COLLECT ANY COWBOYS CARD AS LONG AS PIC ON CARD IS IN A COWBOYS UNI. I AM SLOWLY STARTING TO DO THAT WITH MICHIGAN UNI ALUMS. I WOULD BE WILLING TO TRADE IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR TOO MUCH.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).