`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE MOST EXCLUSIVE/EXPENSIVE Product?

THE MOST EXCLUSIVE/EXPENSIVE Product?
Returning to the hobby after about 5 years away- so having to re-learn some things. When I left UD Exquisite was considered the "gold standard" as far as high dollar "premier" rookie autograph/jersey cards. The "GOLD" #'d to 25 SP Authentic Auto/Jersey RC were right there with National Treasures a more distant 3rd. Topps Triple threads were probably 4th.

I'm not making a judgement on one being better looking or anything other that what product is considered the new Gold standard?

Questions beyond that:

1. Did UD stop producing the Exquisite line?
2. I see Topps is releasing Definitive which is supposed to be their highest-end product yet- that looks like it will be released end of Feb- why so late- seems like they would want to release it sometime during the football season -when people following their fantasy leagues and games are actually being played. Anyone know the reasoning for this?
3. Immaculate wasn't around when I last collected, but these cards look nice - obviously very high dollar- and a very close copy to the above mentioned SP Authentic and Exquisite auto/jersey cards from the past. Would you consider them the "elite high-dollar" product offering now?

Again, not trying to make any statement as far as what is better - I know some people are die-hard Playoff Contender fans with their long running series consistency, short print gimmick,and large rookie offering. I am just trying to figure out what the most expensive = high dollar product out there this year (and maybe last few)?

Thanks

RE: THE MOST EXCLUSIVE/EXPENSIVE Product?
no opinions??? Is there an echo in here??

I don't know. I super collect certain players I don't buy boxes.

Everything but base is overpriced, and very little is "exclusive" anymore. When players gain 500+ cards in a year without playing a down, it is really hard for people to care. Sure he had lots of time to sign autographs, he wasn't working at the time.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-06-2016, 12:24 PM)jonathani Wrote: Everything but base is overpriced, and very little is "exclusive" anymore. When players gain 500+ cards in a year without playing a down, it is really hard for people to care. Sure he had lots of time to sign autographs, he wasn't working at the time.
WOW. That's bitter and not at all helpful.

The best RCs being made right now are the NT RPA RC Auto. Nothing else comes close.

second might be the diamond RC from Flawless.... due to scarcity.

question number 1. UD lost all licensing and can only sign retired players like sports kings did.

2_ Tax season is why these super high end products come out at this time.

3 Immaculate is nice, but is the SPA to Exquisite equivalent for Panini.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-06-2016, 07:28 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: 2_ Tax season is why these super high end products come out at this time.
As often as I spend my refund on card related things, I never made that connection until just now.

Thanks for that Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Hey there

yes upper deck so make exquisite but its now college based (upper deck lost its NFL licence a few years back). Topps is now in the last few products of its licence for the nfl, my understanding is that they are deliberately releasing stuff late of catch the Superbowl and awards.

as of this year, panini has the exclusive licence so, it will be their high end stuff. with what has happened with upper deck and topps, national treasures is now the high end and contenders is probably the second best.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

With Panini getting an exclusive for football starting next season, it will be interesting to see how quickly they do the same as they did in basketball and start testing to see how expensive of a product they can make. Right now the title belongs to Flawless in football, however I wouldn't be surprised to see a $5k+ box/pack of football cards this year from Panini, like they did with Eminence in basketball.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-06-2016, 07:28 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: WOW. That's bitter and not at all helpful.

The best RCs being made right now are the NT RPA RC Auto. Nothing else comes close.

second might be the diamond RC from Flawless.... due to scarcity.

question number 1. UD lost all licensing and can only sign retired players like sports kings did.

2_ Tax season is why these super high end products come out at this time.

3 Immaculate is nice, but is the SPA to Exquisite equivalent for Panini.
Thanks for your feedback.
Tax season - makes sense.
Been out of this for a while - NT RPA - National Treasures - I'm guessing Rookie Patch Auto? Why do you feel they are better than Immaculate? Or say Exquisite? What would you say are the top 3?
UD lost licensing - didn't that happen to Topps as well? So that is why they have the college representations? I actually like those BTW, but I may be a bigger college fan that NFL fan.

(02-06-2016, 07:28 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: WOW. That's bitter and not at all helpful.
Bitter? About a thick piece of paper? I don't understand. You must care about this hobby a lot more than me. I don't have any emotional attachments to intimate objects, and I'm sorry I offended you. Your opinion was indeed more helpful than my opinion.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.