`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beware of eBay seller!

Beware of eBay seller!
Got a horrible response, so I'm letting everyone know.

I bought an /5 non-auto Abbrederis from broc_abe on eBay. Card was shipped with no penny sleeve, no card sleeve, nothing. He just tossed the card in a bubble mailer and sent. Luckily, the card is undamaged, as far as creases and stuff goes. Probably has scratches on it they'd find if I sent it for grading. Point is, I contacted him, and told him that shipping that way, and charging the standard rate, while not telling people that's how he ships, was a no no, and that if he refunded the shipping, I'd call it good.

His response was that he ships tons of cards like that without issues, and that the point of the bubble mailer was to protect the card, which was all a penny sleeve or card holder would do. He hoped to get more of my business in the future. Fat chance! So beware in buying from this guy! If he's on here, he definitely knows better!

RE: Beware of eBay seller!
Wow, no penny sleeve or top loader and it wasn't damaged seems pretty dang lucky to me. That sucks that the seller didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with sending that way.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

How can a person be in the business of selling cards and not know the basics of protecting a card during shipment...

(01-15-2016, 04:14 PM)djohn Wrote: Wow, no penny sleeve or top loader and it wasn't damaged seems pretty dang lucky to me. That sucks that the seller didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with sending that way.
I know! I couldn't believe it. I probably wouldn't have said anything if it was a base card, but /5?! That's not replaceable!
(01-16-2016, 01:17 AM)jplarson Wrote: How can a person be in the business of selling cards and not know the basics of protecting a card during shipment...
Yeah, I think the guy got banned on another account. He had only a handful of feedback, but it was cheap, so I took a leap of faith. In his reply to me though, he said he'd been selling, shipping, and receiving that way for years with no issues. Ha!

Ive had several cards sent to me that way. Makes no sense at all. I cant understand why someone would be that cheap. I mean, reuse an old top loader. Its what, a buck for a pack of sleeves?

Sometimes I just wonder....
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(01-18-2016, 09:05 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Ive had several cards sent to me that way. Makes no sense at all. I cant understand why someone would be that cheap. I mean, reuse an old top loader. Its what, a buck for a pack of sleeves?

Sometimes I just wonder....
Yup, a penny a sleeve, and not much more for top loaders lol.