`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
list your 2016 hobby goals

RE: list your 2016 hobby goals
For me it's simple.. Purge as much of the stuff I can to obtain more SF Giants and Angels for my PC. Primarily after NUMBERED, GU, AUTOS, Posey, Calhoun, and Shoemaker this year.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(12-28-2015, 08:27 AM)KPRROK Wrote: My goals are always the same...

1) Find and acquire cool Royals cards
2) Get more unique Brandon Finnegan, Terrance Gore, and Tyler Skaggs cards
3) Don't spend too much money
4) Break a couple boxes and then wonder why I did it because I don't do sets!
5) Have fun

Cheers,
1) Done...but I ended up selling a bunch of other cool Royals cards to free up funds and space.

2) I stopped collecting Gore and Skaggs and focused on just Finnegan. My collection is now at 81.52% of non-1/1s and 24.95% are graded.

3) I probably spent more than I should have, but I didn't go overboard.

4) Done. I've sworn off boxes now and focus on only the cards I want.

5) Mostly. Some collectors annoyed me (like the guy who outbid me on a Finnegan Superfractor to win it $2 more than I paid and then listed it for sale for 3x what he paid the day he got it) but overall it was nice.

A pretty solid 2016...

(01-05-2016, 02:55 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: Here's mine

1) get all the supplies I need and get my PC into said supplies and organized. Get rid of all old supplies (top loaders, snap cases, magnetics, screw downs)

2) continue to work on my auto sets. Finishing one is not feasible really but to progress and add a few especially to one of them would be huge.

3) Buy a box of something pre-2009 To rip. 95% Likely won't get anything I'm looking for but would be fun.

4) add a non upgrade mantle to my pc (this most likely won't happen but I didn't expect to add what I did last year either)

That's It for me really, had a bigger list last year but other than the enormity of the sets I'm doing, my collection has narrowed and focused to a point I don't feel overwhelmed by new releases and the "rush" to get the same old crap
1) happened.. then needed more. just purchased a second round and should be done soon

2)didn't add a single name to the big one but narrowed my needs list by 60% on the year. have a few sets under a dozen htf cards now. getting closer.

3) didn't happen
4) not even close. someday

(01-05-2016, 11:29 PM)david campos Wrote: 2016 hobby goals

1. Get more organized
2. Organize my player PC's of Jeter, Pujols, Clemente, Koufax, Mariano Rivera, Nolan Ryan, Rickey Henderson and others.
3. Add to my extensive list of cards in my organize.
4. Downsize in as many trades as possible.
5. Pick up a Bird/Magic rookie in a PSA 8 or 8.5. Looking for a nice copy with good centering and a clean surface.
6. Have fun and clean off my computer desk at least once a month..haha
Here are the results.

1. Done but always more to do and purchased a large collection in October that I am still sorting now.
2. Epic fail on this part. I keep trying to get other things organized while downsizing in the trades I have been trying to complete.
3. I added quite a few cards and most of my stuff in my organize was mostly stars, inserts, parallels, and rookies. Slowly adding base cards to my organize and that has actually increased my trades while being able to move stuff that would otherwise sit in boxes.
4. I completed 45 trades in 2016 and was able to downsize in 39 of them. I traded 1050 cards away while getting 588 back in trade. I was able to downsize by 462 cards. (I have a excel spreadsheet that I created that helps keep track.)
5. I have been following the bird/magic rookies but have been picky on when to pull the trigger. Should have bit the bullet and bought one earlier. They were selling for around $300 when I was looking and now they are closing for $700 and up depending on the centering and print dots/defects.
6. My desk is currently a mess although I cleaned it off about 2 weeks ago.