`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards from Black Friday shopping - updated 12/28 w/ 2015 Bowman boxes

RE: Cards from Black Friday shopping - updated 12/4
I opened 7 holiday blasters of 2014 Topps Update. These are the boxes with 2 packs of Topps Chrome Update in each box. I have to say these 7 boxes were some of the worst I have opened of this product. I only got 2 inserts total and not a single refractor. The upside is I got the last 2 base cards I needed for the Topps Chrome Update set.

The 2 Chrome inserts I got were from Topps Chrome Update World Series Heroes: Mariano Rivera, Hank Aaron. I didn't get any base inserts worth mentioning, however in total I got 8 base inserts that I needed for my master set.

I got 3 more boxes of A&G Black in along with 6 packs of the die-cut cards. I haven't opened the boxes yet, but I did open the die-cut packs. No inserts this time, but here are the key players I pulled:
Joc Pederson, Mike Trout, Ryne Sandberg, Jose Abreu, Buster Posey, Anthony Rendon
I have about half the set now and am trying to decide whether to try and put the set together or sell/trade off the cards.

I need to make some more room on my desk now, so it will be a few more days before I open any more. Next up will be 2005 Classics, but not sure which I should open after that: 2015 Topps Update, 2015 Bowman, 2015 Bowman Chrome, 2015 Topps A&G Black, or some of the 2008-2012 boxes.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Cards from Black Friday shopping - updated 12/10
Man, opening that many boxes has to be a blast! If you get any Lucroys that you don't need, we would love a shot at them!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

RE: Cards from Black Friday shopping - updated 12/10
Hard to believe it's been almost a month since I got the first boxes in and I still have a ton left to open. I got through 3 more boxes of 2015 Topps A&G X (the black version which was an online exclusive). These were my last boxes of this product, so now I am going to start seeing what cards I need for the set and will hopefully be able to work on some trades to finish it off. Anyhow, here are the hits.

2015 Topps A&G X box 1
Mini SPs: Joaquin Benoit, Steve Cishek
Mini A&G Back: Edwin Escobar, Elvis Andrus, Albert Pujols
Mini White Bordered: Dee Gordon, Darren Rovell
10th Anniversary Buybacks: 2010 Copernicus, 2009 Johnny Cueto, 2009 Mini A&G Back Kolan McConiughey
Full Size Relic: Freddie Freeman
Framed Mini Autograph: Michelle Beadle

2015 Topps A&G X box 2
Mini SPs: David Price, Jordan Zimmerman
Mini A&G Back: Matt Garza, Dominic Brown, Ike Davis
Mini White Bordered: Kolten Wong, Edinson Volquez
10th Anniversary Buybacks: 2009 Electron, 2013 Mini Artie Lange
Full Size Relic: Robb Wolf, Sal Vulcano

2015 Topps A&G X box 3
Mini SPs: Mitch Moreland, Will Middlebrooks
Mini A&G Back: Chris Owings, Adrian Beltre, Jacoby Ellsbury
Mini A&G Back SP: Shin-Soo Choo
Mini White Bordered: Bartolo Colon, Billy Butler
10th Anniversary Buybacks: 2011 Hometown Heroes Kevin Youkilis, 2008 Mini Todd Clever
Full Size Relic: Troy Tulowitzki
Framed Mini Autograph: Brian Finnegan

Also, I just realized that I opened the 2005 Classics but never posted the break so here it is.
2005 Classic Blister Pack Case
Homerun Heroes (#'d/1000): Dave Parker, Juan Gonzalez
Membership (#'d/1000): Bobby Doerr, Sandy Koufax
Classic Singles (#'d/400): Tony Gwynn, Bobby Doerr
Classic Combos (#'d/400): Albert Pujols/Don Mattingly
Stars of Summer Material: Jim Rice (#'d 103/250)
Rookie Autographs: Mike Morse (#'d 0054/1200), Mark McLemore (#'d 1185/1500)
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

RE: Cards from Black Friday shopping - updated 12/19 w/Topps A&G X
I opened some boxes in other sports, but finally got back to some baseball boxes tonight. I opened 4 hanger boxes of 2015 Bowman. I got these directly from Topps when they did their Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale. Here are the highlights:

2015 Bowman hanger box 1
Prospects Yellow: Fernando Perez, Brett Phillips, Joe Jackson, Trevor Frank, Reese McGuire
Chrome Prospects Purple Refractor: Henry Ownes (#'d 003/250)
Top 100: Aaron Nola

2015 Bowman hanger box 2
Prospects Yellow: Matt Andriese, Jarlin Garcia, Edmund Sosa, Robert Stephenson, Katt Wisler
RC Flashbacks: Marquis Grissom
Farm's Finest: Michael Lorenzen

2015 Bowman hanger box 3
Prospects Yellow: Dariel Alvarez, Corey Littrell, Trey Ball, Jose Berrios, Henry Owens
Top 100: Josh Bell
Prospects Autograph Silver: Luis Guillorme (#'d 436/499)

2015 Bowman hanger box 4
Prospects Yellow: Juan Herrera, Pedro Severino, Tyler DeLoach, Raul Alcantara, Domingo Santana
Silver Ice: Jose Altuve
Prospects Autograph Purple: Rob Segedin (#'d 130/250)

I was surprised to see 2 autographs out of 4 hanger boxes, especially parallel autos. I don't usually open many hangers and don't buy much Bowman (as I prefer getting players I recognize their names right away as opposed to waiting a year or so to see if they make it to the majors). I have 2 hobby boxes of 2015 Bowman Chrome to open still, and will either open those or some of the 2015 Topps Update boxes (as I still have a bunch of the holiday boxes, blasters, and a hobby box to get through).