`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridging the Gap between Baseball Card and Art Collecting

RE: Bridging the Gap between Baseball Card and Art Collecting
(11-27-2015, 04:35 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: I actually offered a low price on the Canseco, and ultimately, the seller said he doesn't know why he has a best offer option on them, because he was firm. I think perhaps there is a bit of seller's remorse at the current prices due the quality of these pieces. I still think they are phenomenal prices considering who painted them. I think you made a SOLID pickup on the Strawberry!
Sports art is a very finicky market and doesn't always make sense in terms of values. However I agree that original asking price for each one was a good deal. If any of the other players were for my PC then I would definitely have paid full price, and even consider paying his new asking price. However I would be buying the others in hopes of getting them signed by the players, and I don't want to be out that much up front without having guarantees that I would be able to get them easily signed at a good price.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Bridging the Gap between Baseball Card and Art Collecting
My Clark art piece finally came in yesterday. Here is the Clark card:

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

And here is the Will Clark 1 of 1 art painting!

Here is the cover with a picture that the painting was inspired from, along with a note telling the manufacturer to return the painting back to Mr. Punchatz' address:

[Image: 20151128_194009.jpg]

When you flip the front cardboard piece over the top, it shows this inside (if there is any glare, it is due to a glossy see-thru page on top of it which can be flipped up as well):

[Image: 20151128_194127.jpg]

Close up of the face:

[Image: 20151128_194156.jpg]

Bottom left corner:

[Image: 20151128_194418.jpg]

With as much as I love the Canseco piece, the Clark piece pops more. Either way, they are both cool!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict