`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 12 Days of Christmas? Nah...The 12 Days of Sidorkiewicz Is More Like It!

RE: The 12 Days of Christmas? Nah...The 12 Days of Sidorkiewicz Is More Like It!
And the road is now over half way traversed.

"On the seventh day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." the blocker buddy of the piece I posted yesterday from Sidorkiewicz's time in the New Jersey Devils' minor league system. Nice wear throughout!

Acquired from: Classic Auctions Fall 2015 Auction

Dates of Game Use: Likely mid 1990s AHL use

Photomatched: No

[Image: albany1_zpsvubugbmx.jpg]

[Image: albany2_zpsfgtx0tuk.jpg]

[Image: albany3_zpsn4igrney.jpg]

[Image: albany4_zps2z9qxtwm.jpg]

[Image: albany5_zpsw4pnha8f.jpg]

RE: The 12 Days of Christmas? Nah...The 12 Days of Sidorkiewicz Is More Like It!
Like the beat of a heart, we continue to thump along.

So, "on the eighth day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." a glove worn by Peter Sidorkiewicz with the Ottawa Senators, and definitively matched to the 1993 NHL All-Star Game. In my opinion, the All-Star Game was the highest accolade of his career, and to have his glove and blocker from it is awesome...I might have more from that game, who knows...day 12 is coming up...

Dates of Game Use: Ottawa Senators games (unknown number)
February 6, 1993 All-Star Game v Campbell Conference (16-6W, 14-16)

Photomatched: Yes

[Image: allstarglove1_zpssp8driwv.jpg]

[Image: allstarglove2_zps6pidptxn.jpg]

[Image: allstarglove3_zpspqtdb2fy.jpg]

[Image: allstarglove4_zpsdleoej5u.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczallstarglovemarks_zpsifzothf1.png]

What a glovely day! I glove, I die, I glove again!

Same model, but not the same glove!

"On the ninth day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." A New Jersey Devils era game worn glove that is photomatched to a wrinkle pattern and mark on the "B" of the glove from a Devils photo. Very high odds he also wore the glove while with Albany. Another great piece of an oft-overlooked goaltender!

Dates of Game Use: Unknown

[Image: devilsglove1_zpsit8qsqde.jpg]

[Image: devilsglove2_zpsi4gh3bju.jpg]

[Image: devilsglove3_zpsaidqxwpf.jpg]

[Image: devilsglove4_zpsozd5fean.jpg]

[Image: devilsglove5_zpsmnvcar5m.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczpictureglovematch_zpsi0ufod94.jpg]

Blocker fever got me like...

"On the tenth day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." a highly photomatched Cooper blocker matched to his time in Ottawa, New Jersey, and the Fort Wayne Komets (though very likely in Albany as well, but few photos exist from his time there).

This piece has substantial wear comprised of very notable puck marks, indentations, as well as a skate slice. Also note that this is the last of the small items of the 12 days countdown, I'm a big fan of the last two coming up...

Dates of Game Use: Unknown, but matched to time with Sens, Devils, and Komets

[Image: blocker1_zpsuokorikp.jpg]

[Image: blocker2_zpszvqc60hy.jpg]

[Image: blocker3_zpsiybqxhu0.jpg]

[Image: P1012081_zps536ctyzx.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczblockermatch_zpseqf0uvg9.jpg]

Last two days, here we go, we gotta "pad" up our stats here!

"On the eleventh day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." a pair of photomatched New Jersey Devils / Albany River Rats game worn pads. The wear is substantial and clearly demonstrates use over multiple seasons. A huge makeshift repair is also visible on the front left pad's entire left ankle/shin area. Not to mention epic wear comprised of puck marks, chafe wear, and scratches adorn this great item!

Dates of Game Use: Unknown, but matched to time with Devils

[Image: pad1_zpsudal9pvy.jpg]

[Image: pad2_zps3d1lnikk.jpg]

[Image: pad3_zpsynzjh781.jpg]

[Image: pad4_zpssyrxpltb.jpg]

[Image: pad5_zpsl2tunhcg.jpg]

[Image: pad6_zps3hefotdj.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczpicturepadmatch_zpsogddk9xb.jpg]

And here we go...the end of our Peter Sidorkiewicz journey!

"On the twelfth and final day of Sidorkiewicz, Classic Auctions shipped to me..." Peter's pair of photomatched pads used with the Ottawa Senators, in his lone all-star appearance, with the New Jersey Devils, with the Fort Wayne Komets, and with the Albany River Rats. With this, and the other items out of the first main lot (skates, chest protector, pants, glove, blocker), I now have his entire gear set from the 1993 All-Star Game, excluding his jersey, stick and mask (and small insignificant stuff like socks and jocks). My first near complete gear set of a goaltender!

Be on the lookout for the set out on display at the Summit Collectibles Show 2016!

Dates of Game Use: Unknown number of games for Ottawa, New Jersey, Fort Wayne, and Albany
February 6, 1993 All-Star Game v Campbell Conference (16-6W, 14-16)

[Image: asgpads1_zpsqo1dehwb.jpg]

[Image: asgpads2_zpspuzilx7u.jpg]

[Image: asgpads3_zpsbl5em2xw.jpg]

[Image: asgpads4_zps0jrbrxse.jpg]

[Image: asgpads5_zpsmbav8b93.jpg]

[Image: completeallstargear_zpsojtj6c4i.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczblockermatch_zpsvwk1oi5u.jpg]

[Image: sidorkiewiczallstarglove_zps5z5vc6il.png]

[Image: sidorkiewiczmatchallstarblocker_zpsoolzlvxo.png]

Wow, where do you keep all this stuff nice!!