`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
T206 Grading Companies

T206 Grading Companies
So I've been wanting to dabble a little with some T206's, and have finally saved up enough funds to make a couple purchases. I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on PSA vs SGC? I'm not particularly familiar with SGC, but cards they grade seem to sell well. Any pros, cons, or just general thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

RE: T206 Grading Companies
I have never sent cards to PSA, but I have several PSA graded T206's and quite a few SGC graded T206's and I prefer the look of the SGC cases. I have also sent in 5-10 T206 cards to be graded by SGC and have been quite happy with them. They were easy to call and ask questions, their turn around time was reasonable, prices seemed good, and I was happy with the results.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

I prefer SGC
1 they are the best in Pre War era
2. I really like the card holders
3. they seem to be cheaper than PSA

PSA- I like them in Vintage 1945-1979 time frame
although they sell higher I have issues with them for sometimes the card will move within the case itself.
They do hold and sell for more money
But with the owner who falsified the T206 Wagner has me second doubting the ones I have from time to time on the grade pr trimmed.

Beckett Modern day
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

You don't want my vote, because you didn't list them as an option.

I'm Beckett ALL the way.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(11-10-2015, 01:55 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: You don't want my vote, because you didn't list them as an option.

I'm Beckett ALL the way.
Thanks for all the help guys! I do very much prefer Beckett for the current cards I have, but it seems like they aren't used near as often for older cards for whatever reason.

I'm just not particularly familiar with SGC since this will be my first foray into older cards.

I like becket for the newer cards, and I don't even really mind BVG for the older cards, but I think the smaller size cards (T206, 1933 Goudey, etc...) fit better in the SGC holders.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

I prefer SGC than PSA. I have cards from graded from both companies. The black border of the SGC case enhance the look of the T206 white border. Check a few cards on ebay or anywhere and see the difference. They are more appealing to the eye. T206 cards are great to have no matter what.

Come to think of it.
Check my T-206 aet thread. in there you will see T-206 graded by SGC, PSA and Beckett. That may help you decide which way you would like to go
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'll throw in my 2 cents. My personal favorite is SGC but you can't go wrong with either of the big 3 (SGC, PSA, BVG).

I prefer SGC of the way the card looks in the holder and the fact that several long time pre-ware collectors are of the opinion that SGC knows pre-war cards the best of the three grading companies. Other things I like a bout SGC are very fair pricing, quick turn around time & great customer service!

That being said PSA graded cards will usually bring you higher dollar amounts when selling if reselling is important to you. That's not really important to me usually as I plan on keeping the vast majority of my cards. How ever I was lucky enough to acquire a very rare T206 Charlie Starr Drum back and I have decided to sell the card through Love Of The Game Auctions. Both Al (LOTG Owner) & I agreed PSA was the way to go because that gets the PSA Set Registry guys interested. Good news is the card came back a PSA 1. In the history of both SGC & PSA they have only graded 3 of the card and mine was the only one to receive a numeric grade! I am really excited to see what the card goes for in Winter Catalog Auction.

Good luck with your t206 collecting & have fun!

Scott

I can't thank you guys enough for all the help and insight. Sounds like I really can't go wrong either way. Looking forward to sharing what I get!