`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one would you buy?

RE: Which one would you buy?
(10-03-2015, 11:20 PM)randall44 Wrote: Kershaw 114-56. 4 consecutive ERA titles, two 20 win seasons, 1 pitching triple crown, a no-hitter, a gold glove, 3 CY awards, an MVP, and he's still 27.
Yeah but, a PSA 9 is not a very good grade for a modern card. That's like a BGS 8.5 or BGS 8 in Beckett terms.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-04-2015, 07:42 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah but, a PSA 9 is not a very good grade for a modern card. That's like a BGS 8.5 or BGS 8 in Beckett terms.
Good point, but I think if I could have gotten a BGS 9 I would have done it
(10-04-2015, 07:29 AM)zeprock Wrote: Kershaw is the new Koufax. Posey is the new Bench. Time will tell if they can stay healthy and stay on track. I'd take Koufax over Bench in the long run.
I don't see that with Posey. Only topped 100 rbi's once and a career high 24 home runs. And he will be 29 at the start of next season. Plus catchers typically don't last as long as other position players.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

Since I don't collect for value or the grade of a card......I would have picked Kershaw because I love watching him pitch. Getting the 9.5/10 Posey was a great choice......enjoy.

Zep your crazy...Posey is no Bench (though he is a great player)......LOL....I know you collect them both.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-04-2015, 10:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Zep your crazy...Posey is no Bench (though he is a great player)......LOL....I know you collect them both.
Yes. I'm crazy. No. He's no Bench. Poor analogy. Yes. I collect them both. My point was, I'd probably go with Kershaw.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Kershaw. I think in five years you wouldn't regret the choice.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

within 5 yrs......Kershaw will have TJ

The toughest decision for me is how to get the money to pick both cards. Make some sacrifices and if you smoke or drink take a break or eat less. Stay at home and don't go out, but do something to get both. If there isn't anything you can do and you only can have one, then go with Kershaw. First 300 SO in a season for the Dodgers since Koufax, plus all the awards he got already. The only one I see getting to 300 wins even that is still about 10 seasons from that mark and of course he has to stay healthy.