`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the better player?

Who's the better player?
Just for fun ,if you could have one on your team in their prime who would you take? And why?

[Image: Banks20Robinson_zpstuyytr60.jpg]
Photobucket

RE: Who's the better player?
Very tough question! Couldn't go wrong with either but I'd go with Banks. Always liked him!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

The Judge, hands down. He is (in my opinion) the most under rated HOF'er of all time. But without digging too deep into his accolades, he had Banks statically by a lot in all categories. I understand they were virtually the same player during their primes so I'm defaulting to the career comparisons. Sorry for the cop-out.

I'd have to go with Banks, simply because the fact that he played shortstop. How often is it that you can get pretty good power production from a shortstop, let alone 500 home runs and 1500 rbi's. Frank Robinson could be on my team any day though, great player too.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(09-09-2015, 08:00 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: I'd have to go with Banks, simply because the fact that he played shortstop. How often is it that you can get pretty good power production from a shortstop, let alone 500 home runs and 1500 rbi's. Frank Robinson could be on my team any day though, great player too.
That's assuming you think his prime was while he was at short. He played at first base for longer in his career than shortstop.

Both obviously great payers but i will take Robinson he had 586 hr 1812 rbi .294 avg Banks 512 hr 1636 rbi .274 avg and the big one 8 times was in playoffs 5 times World Series Banks 0 playoff games. I know its a team game but still have to factor in.

(09-09-2015, 09:55 PM)brian2345 Wrote: Both obviously great payers but i will take Robinson he had 586 hr 1812 rbi .294 avg Banks 512 hr 1636 rbi .274 avg and the big one 8 times was in playoffs 5 times World Series Banks 0 playoff games. I know its a team game but still have to factor in.
Keep in mind there were no playoffs until 1969 and Banks retired in '71, long after his prime.