`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
submitting cards at shows

submitting cards at shows
There is a local card show in my area coming up and BGS will be there. I have 10-12 cards id like to submit and have a few questions;

1) do I still need to box the cards up (as if I were shipping them) or do I literally just hand them the cards?

2) are the prices the same, more or less then if I were to send them through the mail?

3) anyone have experience submitting cards via card shows? Did it go smoothly? Anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!

RE: submitting cards at shows
(08-31-2015, 04:43 PM)altz11 Wrote: There is a local card show in my area coming up and BGS will be there. I have 10-12 cards id like to submit and have a few questions;

1) do I still need to box the cards up (as if I were shipping them) or do I literally just hand them the cards?

2) are the prices the same, more or less then if I were to send them through the mail?

3) anyone have experience submitting cards via card shows? Did it go smoothly? Anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
There is no need to package the cards for shipping. You are submitting them directly. I've always brought my cards in their holders, any additional needs will be taken care of when submitted.

Since you are bringing your cards to them, only grading and return shipping/insurance expenses are asked for.

They will give you a submission form to list your cards. The forms will ask for declared value of each card for insurance purposes, and what grading turnaround time you prefer. This will factor in with return shipping for total cost. That's it!

(09-01-2015, 05:35 AM)hlc1949 Wrote: There is no need to package the cards for shipping. You are submitting them directly. I've always brought my cards in their holders, any additional needs will be taken care of when submitted.

Since you are bringing your cards to them, only grading and return shipping/insurance expenses are asked for.

They will give you a submission form to list your cards. The forms will ask for declared value of each card for insurance purposes, and what grading turnaround time you prefer. This will factor in with return shipping for total cost. That's it!
In addition to this, depending on the show, sometimes the Grading fee is higher than when mailing in your submission.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-01-2015, 08:38 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: In addition to this, depending on the show, sometimes the Grading fee is higher than when mailing in your submission.
I've never experienced that. On occasion I have made use of special coupons/promo's; saving myself a few dollars.

(09-01-2015, 02:44 PM)hlc1949 Wrote: I've never experienced that. On occasion I have made use of special coupons/promo's; saving myself a few dollars.
What I was speaking of was Onsite Grading.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks for the responses guys'!
I won't be doing the onsite grading. I'm too cheap and usually do the 45 day service lol. I want to bring the cost per card down as FAAARRR as possible.

Thanks again fellas.