`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Inception quick review

2015 Inception quick review
So yesterday I watched 4 cases of the new 2015 Inception being opened. Got in on 2 of them for the Packers, and Packers, Saints, Seahawks, and Cardinals respectively. Here's my thoughts on the product.

This year, it seems to be a completely Rookie based product, with the vets only having parallels (didn't know this when I bought into the breaks...I was hoping for a veteran hit lol). I love the design this year! Some teams don't even have hits though. Giants, Patriots, Bengals, and one other team only have base parallels.

In those 4 boxes, only a few rookies seemed to be popping up. Tops on the list, Cameron Artis-Payne (sp?) for the Panthers. I swear, he was in every other box! Bryce Petty for the Jets was a close second. Leonard Williams made a few brief appearances. Nathan (?) Diggs of the Vikings was in a lot, as were a no name RB for the Browns, and WR for the Jags. Once case had 4 Phillip Dorset hits in it. No Mariota or Winston in the 4 cases I saw yesterday. Brett Hundley of the packers had a couple cards, all in one case.

No Melvin Gordon, a couple Sean Mannions, and 1 nice card each for Ameer Abdullah and Tod Gurley. Highlight of the night? 1/1 Nike Swoosh of David Johnson, RB, Cardinals (thankfully in the box I bought into! Maybe I'll get my money back!).

All in all, a very nice looking product, but I wouldn't waste the money. If you like the veteran parallels, I'd buy them as singles. If rookies are your thing, maybe trying to find some cheaper case breaks, but the cases seem loaded with "junk". Too bad, considering I like the looks of this one!

Hope this helps!
Nate

RE: 2015 Inception quick review
Busted three packs and got basically nothing. You are right about Diggs of the Vikings he was in my break.

Nice cards but full of low end autos, while being on card, still low end aka CHEAP autos.

Never really loved Inception....they have never had veteran hits as far as I know...always just rookies

(08-13-2015, 12:18 PM)ronfir Wrote: Busted three packs and got basically nothing. You are right about Diggs of the Vikings he was in my break.

Nice cards but full of low end autos, while being on card, still low end aka CHEAP autos.
Yeah. I love the design, but for $80+ a box...no thank you! Unless you really love this years rookie class lol

(08-14-2015, 09:01 AM)rwgreen Wrote: Never really loved Inception....they have never had veteran hits as far as I know...always just rookies
I've always liked the look...I was probably remembering wrong, but I thought they had some Veterans in the previous years. Learned my lesson Smile

SORRY FOR ALL OF YOUR MISFORTUNES! THANX FOR THE HEADS UP!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

(08-16-2015, 02:53 AM)maizenblue73175 Wrote: SORRY FOR ALL OF YOUR MISFORTUNES! THANX FOR THE HEADS UP!
Haha, it wasn't too bad! Just not exactly what I was hoping for. If you are really into this years rookie class, it would probably be a fun product for you. Especially if prices come down as other releases come out. Just not really my thing. I did get a few nice cards out of it, just not for my PC lol.

Topps is really showing their true colors and just continuing to just not give a ***** about what they are putting out anymore. They think they are give back value when they SSP or SP top rookies, but what is really happening is more and more people are getting junk so that one guy somewhere gets mojo. There needs to be little more middle ground of value and odds of getting a good card.

Again I always go back to 2014 Topps Chrome Football. It was probably the product that destroyed all hope in me that Topps could change and not always go after the $$$ and actually produce a value product. 2013 was so much fun and I preordered two cases of 2014 thinking they'll stick to the box layout from 2013 because everyone loved it. But instead they ripped everyone that preorded a new one and destroyed alot of product loyality.