`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What franchise is the "NY Yankees" of the NFL?

RE: What franchise is the "NY Yankees" of the NFL?
It HAS to be the Cowboys, in my opinion. Owner, players, history, heck even the colors are similar.

(08-08-2015, 07:12 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: The Yankees are known for history, winning, and iconic players signing tons of FA talent, coaching changes, and meddling owners.

Which NFL Franchise has the greatest combination of these three ingredients?

The boards are slow and we need some friendly debate.
Let's play a variable to this game Smile

1. Redskins - always with the splashy signings, rarely do they ever pan out. Tons of coaching, even pulling the ol' Billy Martin by bringing back Gibbs for another go. And Snyder loves him some meddling! They capture all three

2. Cleveland - Usually light on the FA signings but the coaching/GM carousel knows no end and texting plays is the height of getting in the way.

32t. Patriots - also make a lot of signings but rarely for big money. More like a Oakland A's Moneyball type team in that regard. Long tenured coach and an owner that supports his team but has it run by others.

32t. Packers - They only have something like 5 guys on the roster who were drafted from other teams. Aside from Ray Rhodes very few coaching changes in the last 25 years. And the extent ownership gets involved is by filling up the stadium and tailgating

(08-10-2015, 02:44 PM)djohn Wrote: In terms of years of winning and overall greatness it has to be the Packers, however I don't see as many Packer-haters as I do with Yankee-haters.

Personally, I think there are 3 main reasons for the Yankee-haters that wouldn't apply to the Packers:
1) Steinbrenner (sp?)
2) The fact that in baseball, you can buy championships by spending way over what other teams can afford because you have a rich owner/team.
3) If you aren't from New York, most of the time you really don't like New York. Those who like New York as a city (and then by extension their teams) are either from the area or actually have lived there, or for some reason love the big city life. Really seems like you either love New York and their teams, or you hate them, there rarely are those that fall in the middle.