`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just want to remind everybody...

RE: Just want to remind everybody...
(08-09-2015, 09:11 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Pedro Martinez, Jim Palmer, that guy Cy Young
(08-09-2015, 08:41 AM)zeprock Wrote: Greg Maddux, Walter Johnson, Tom Seaver and maybe even Roger Clemens and Bob Gibson think you should qualify Ryan as GRASPE. (Greatest Righty American STRIKEOUT Pitcher Ever).
Yeah, sure GRASPE is better than GRAPE, but I was really just placating Jason and his overshadowing love for Nolan Ryan, which blinds him from seeing that there are other players that are great and amazing ... And they can co-exist in the world without it taking anything away from Nolan Ryan's place in baseball history.

And ... Yep, that Cy Young guy was pretty good, too... He might have been better if he didn't spend so much time handing out awards Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Just want to remind everybody...
(08-09-2015, 11:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, sure GRASPE is better than GRAPE, but I was really just placating Jason and his overshadowing love for Nolan Ryan, which blinds him from seeing that there are other players that are great and amazing ... And they can co-exist in the world without it taking anything away from Nolan Ryan's place in baseball history.

And ... Yep, that Cy Young guy was pretty good, too... He might have been better if he didn't spend so much time handing out awards Smile
I'm just throwing out examples. I don't believe I could definitively say who I thought the best right hander was. If I had to pick the GREATEST of all time I may have to go with Ford.