`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help identifying a Jordan card

Help identifying a Jordan card
I was searching eBay for some cards and came across the one in the picture below. At first I thought it was just another Broder-style card from the early 90s, since there doesn't appear to be any league licensing trademarks. However as I searched for more info I found that there was actually a complete set of different players using this same card style and for several different sports as well. I know there are some pretty hardcore Jordan collectors on here, so I am hoping one of them (or anyone else for that matter) can give me more information about these cards and where they came from. Are these just more broder cards or are they something else?
[Image: %24_57.JPG]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Help identifying a Jordan card
just doing some research on ebay, it looks like they were from sports educational magazine or possibly made for the national card show as a promo?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Thanks for the info, I hadn't realized it was a magazine. Now that I know that I searched and I saw some of the magazines and read that they had sheets of cards in the magazine, as did many other early 90s sports magazines. I wasn't sure if these are simply cut from the sheets, or if they were distributed in any other way (i.e. promo at a show). I was able to find a site with more information and the particular cards I was looking at are from 3 card sheets from the magazine. Thanks
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Interesting! A sheet with this card would be a nice talking-piece.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I have the Ewing from that set. Nice card. There's another one from 1994 - Ball Street News. These do use the NBA logo but aren't numbered - don't know how hard they to find, though.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.