`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent mail. My usual PC stuff, and something totally different.

Recent mail. My usual PC stuff, and something totally different.
So I thought I had a decent week adding stuff to my Haren PC, and picked up some small lots with lower end young star(Bryant, Joc, Buxton) stuff. But then I came across the Western Stars, and for some reason had to have them. They are a 24 card British cigarette set from 1957. Between the color, the condition, Ernest Borgnine and Roy Rogers, I thought they were a winner. I checked the set out before bidding, and it's legit, it's in the Beckett database. They just got in from England today, and I wanted to share. Thanks for looking.
[Image: haren%20new.jpg]
[Image: 8e00b488-c218-46d0-8928-180705969151.jpg]
[Image: bc0e8406-9bc2-4547-aa78-75fc96da5161.jpg]
[Image: 2e191259-5235-4511-9b02-2e3db100f00f.jpg]
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

RE: Recent mail. My usual PC stuff, and something totally different.
Those are some nice PC adds, and that cigarette card set is stellar! Congrats!

Randi

The colors on those cig cards really pop and they look to be in great shape! Nice pickups, man!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

very nice cards, they are in great condition!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The condition is every bit as good in person as it is in the scan. There are a couple with a little age color(?) on the back, but overall excellent. I think part of it was they are late 50's, not like the tobacco cards many of us are used to that are 40-50 years older. I also noticed that there are many different British tobacco sets from the same era and most seem to be in much better condition than their American sports counterparts. I guess the English just collected in a different fashion, probably adults collecting sets as they smoked as compared to kids putting cards in the spokes as they blow bubbles. Just a theory. Thanks for the comments.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

That's a gorgeous set. I've branched out into some of the non-sport cards with a western theme. For me, they give me a break from baseball, and then when I go back to my Yankees cards, it gives me a break from the western non-sports. Doesn't get monotonous. Again, beautiful cards.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]