`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strangest break experience I've ever had

The strangest break experience I've ever had
Since I'm still searching for that elusive Jordy Nelson tie dyed, I've been getting in on as many 14 Prizm breaks that I can find, which has led me to a few new people doing breaks. Up until last night, every single breaker has been pretty good.

The break was supposed to start at 9:15. I show up at 9:10, and the breakers said they would be right back, they had to refresh the stream. We didn't hear from them again until almost 10. That should have been the sign that the evening was going to be bad. Took 2 hours to open the first 3 boxes, and no, i'm not including the hour and a half that it took for him to get back on and then to get his camera working. Then, about box 5, he started opening the packs and not flipping the cards over (he had them with the back showing). Now, if it was an auto or a numbered card, he would, but we had no way of knowing if the card was a parallel or not (the video wasn't focused enough to see "prizm" on the back). Then, after box 5, he started slowing way down, as if he wasn't going slow enough as it was. He then started falling asleep while he was going through box 6, and rambling about how Babe Ruth and Joe Dimaggio might have autos in the product.

About half way into the 6th box, after falling asleep the 4th time in the box (and you could actually hear drool dripping onto the table behind the camera), he just silently got up, picked the boxes and the cards up, then basically broke down his breaking area and then disconnected the camera from the break with nary a word.

The worst part is, he had already pulled an Aaron Rodgers Red Power /125 and a Janis auto that I didn't have, and I'm torn. Everybody else was asking for a refund (rightfully so), but I want to get that Rodgers and Janis, and every time I've seen a decent hit for Rodgers, there was a Favre of similar caliber in the same case....

RE: The strangest break experience I've ever had
I love the idea of breaks but I don't trust any one as far as I could throw them... Hopefully he didn't pull that tie dye and hold it from you

(07-26-2015, 09:53 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: I love the idea of breaks but I don't trust any one as far as I could throw them... Hopefully he didn't pull that tie dye and hold it from you
Well, with how he was when he stopped the break, I don't think he even opened the rest of the boxes, and I don't think he's been awake since. I sent him a message stating that if he makes right and opens the rest and sends me the Packers stuff that was in it, I won't ask for a refund, although I would like to watch the rest of it being broken. We'll see what his reply is.

Out of around 50-60 breaks with around 10-12 different breakers, this is the first issue I've had. Of course, I'm meticulous on vetting them before buying in, and this fellow had 100% feedback and appeared to have done several successful breaks before. That's why at least at this moment why i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

(07-26-2015, 09:20 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Since I'm still searching for that elusive Jordy Nelson tie dyed,
I went to my lcs yesterday asking about that card but the owner didn't have it/has never seen it. They tend to be more into the memorabilia side of things anyways so it was a long shot.

I hope the case break situation works out satisfactory for you.

Haha, I heard about this guy! There goes his rep I hope! As funny as it would be if you aren't in it, that's really unacceptable. Hope you get your stuff AND a refund! I'd ask for both, at least a partial!

Got a refund and no message back.... I'm going to assume that I won't be seeing those cards....

Woooooow...at least you got your money back, but I'd definitely trash the feedback if you can. Lol I can't believe anyone would do something that stupid...well, ok, maybe I can...every time you make something idiot-proof, God makes a better idiot...

The worst part about it was that it had a Rodgers #d card in it! I mean, I've been in 1 break with a Rodgers numbered, and that was the light blue wave that I got a while back, but out of probably around 11 cases it was only the second one I've seen pulled. I mean, I've seen probably 9 different Justin Tuck or Ahmad Dixon numbered cards in those each, and 8 Xavier Su'A-Filo autos, and only the second Rodgers numbered and I won't even be able to get the second one. Sad

Embed the video link to the negative feedback. Too bad that there are so many slouches and scammers out there! I hope that you pursue this to get the cards.

Randi

Drugs are bad, umkay?